Snack idea - very low carb

Options
Sometimes if you are feeling hungry while on very low carb (20 gms or less), what do you usually eat on the go which docent screw your daily carb intake? would like to hear some suggestions

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I've done a 3 cup serving of popcorn, if I have the 10-15 carbs to spare. Other snacks include:

- Jerky (watch for added sugar)
    - Pepperoni sticks or slices
    - Cheese (any you prefer)
    - Baked cheese crackers
    - Yogurt (full fat, less than 8g of carbs)
    - any meat
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Oh- and coffee or chai with an ounce or two of heavy cream. Surprisingly filling, and very decadent. Dirty chai with cream is a frequent go-to.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    All of the above, plus:

Toasted coconut flakes. Macadamia nuts. Leftovers. And, yes, even dark chocolate.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Olives
    Prosciutto
    Cheese ... especially Brie
    Pickles
    Rolled up deli meat with a bit of mayo
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Coffee or tea with heavy cream. Frigo cheese and meat sticks (they have turkey, beef, and pepperoni). Small portions of nuts.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Deviled eggs. Yum!!! But may not travel well, and may make you unpopular in the office pool.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    When I have little to no carbs left to spare I do dill pickle spears or a bouillon cub in a cup of hot water with 1/2 tbs of butter. Or for less cals no butter but I can always spare cals for more fats in my diet.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    BPC, pickles, olives, peanut butter (although this is my kryptonite), cheese, deli slices rolled around cream cheese or butter, sunflower seeds, bacon, cheese chips/crisps, pepperoni, tuna with mayo, eggs in any form.... I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I just grab whatever is a couple carbs or less and munch on it.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cup of tea when I'm hungry, I usually find I was really just thirsty. I'll chop up a babybel cheese wheel and wrap up the pieces in bits of prosciutto in the evening if I'm hungry. It makes it last longer and feel like a meal lol.
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    one of the advice I have received is to quit nuts, dairy products and alcohol if you are stalling your weight loss. hence i have quit these three temporarily. I am wary of buying finished meat snacks from market due to hidden carbs. I do take bulletproof coffee in the morning as breakfast. Egg is a good idea, but requires some preparation. But its do able. what kind of cream do you put in coffee? dark chocolate can be good - where do you buy it from sugarless?
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Having hard boiled eggs handy is a good idea, but I always forget to make them. When hubby reminds me, I just boil a whole carton of eggs at once so they're ready. I also like to make egg salad and just have a scoop whenever I need a quick snack.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Having hard boiled eggs handy is a good idea, but I always forget to make them. When hubby reminds me, I just boil a whole carton of eggs at once so they're ready. I also like to make egg salad and just have a scoop whenever I need a quick snack.

Love egg salad!
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    any snack which you buy from the market worth recommendation for LC diet
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just whip up some heavy cream, put in a sprinkle of either cinnamon or cocoa powder depending on what I'm in the mood for and grab a spoon :smiley:
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    PICKLES!! Sugar free Jello, almonds, cheese, bacon.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Pickles is a big go-to for me.
    Also pepperoni, cheese, meat, sometimes sugar-free Jell-O.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni, spread on a plate in a single layer (some people lay them on a paper towel), microwave for one minute, allow to cool (if you can :wink: )! Can be used for dipping, or eat as is....
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    ...when I'm hungry, I usually find I was really just thirsty.

This right here. When in doubt, drink more water.