Rapid fat loss protocol by Abel James

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Seems like a fairly sound low carb approach. I don't know if I agree with cutting back on at for faster losses though. That would presumedly mean more carbs or protein.

I sort of go his route, just with lower carbs and more fat - I skip the lean cuts of meat.... I just don't believe that lean meat causes leanness and fatty meat causes fat.
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    the protocol suggests cutting down fat to lose weight. It looks like a combination of low carb and calorie deficit
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That would leave high protein then. I am not a huge fan of that as it can cause some issues that higher fat doesn't... At least for me. It will probably work very well for many others though.

ETA that I just got his book from the library so I will know more in a few days. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I wish they'd stop condemning dairy... It doesn't affect everyone the same...
  • vikashsinha
    Options
    I think this protocol is only applicable if one wants to lose weight rapidly for some objective eg his protege Kurt applied in the ABC TV program to lose weight aggresively
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    While this diet may show results quickly, I don't think it's a healthy or sustainable approach to weight loss.
  • vikashsinha
    Options
    I think it's promoted as quick fix and not for long term results. Any one having tried with success?
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He has said repeatedly he doesn't recommend this, but this is for the people who are going to walk away and do something drastic like severe calorie restriction if he doesn't give them a health(ier) option.
  • vikashsinha
    Options
    Actually Abel himself practices what he calls advanced ketogenic diet. Which means (as far as I have understood). breakfast at noon time in terms of green smoothie, dinner at 6 pm. During the intermittent fasting period he takes fatty coffee or bone broth. I tried to do this and my daily calorie count was not more than 1000 Kcal in one day with this
  • tashigolean115
    tashigolean115 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I follow a similar plan. Eating more protein doesn't necessarily make the diet high protein. I eat an average of 100 gm of protein a day and my fat fluctuates between 65-100 but rarely ever above my protein. 100 gm of protein is 400 calories and 100 grams of fat is 900 which still makes it a high fat moderate protein diet. I keep my carbs below 20gm most days, but I can easily go up to 50-75gm of carbs from whole foods/no grains and stay in ketosis as long as I long as I don't do it daily. I also intermittent fast 16:8. When I hit maintenance I will increase my fat more. I "learned" ketogenic dieting from body builders who believe that the fat you have on your body to burn goes towards your fat for the day. Basically the less fat on your plate, the more burnt off your body when it needs energy. I will increase my fat when I hit maintenance.