Post your Super Bowl menu

Options
2»

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am smoking a rack of ribs, slow roasting another rack, and doing some pulled pork in the crock-pot. There is a "taco-dip" my mother-in-law is making. I don't trust it. Last time I had some "chili" which had only one objectionable ingredient (beans that I could pick around), I later found out that she "forgot" to mention half a dozen other ingredients that I wouldn't eat. Those ranged from tomato paste right up to flour and sugar. There will be bacon-wrapped mini-dogs. Those have a little carbs in the dogs, but I might have a couple anyway (2g per 5 dogs).

Who knows what else will be there. Probably some cheese and deli meats. Plus a random assortment of carbs that I have no concerns about.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I haven't thought abut it yet but this thread is good for inspiration.
    I was thrilled recently to realize buffalo chicken dip is keto-friendly; I think I'll make that with celery sticks.

Why ruin that with celery? Just grab a spoon! ;)

LOL, I actually like celery! And the satisfying crunch. :) But yes, I've eaten it with a spoon before and that was good, too!
  • macchiatto
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Btw, this is the recipe I'm using if anyone else wants it. I got this from a friend. I haven't made it yet myself, but hers was GOOD.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
    Ingredients:
    2 (14 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained (I poach chicken breasts in the crock pot and shred them in my Kitchen Aid mixer instead.)
    2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    1 cup ranch dressing
    ¾ cup pepper sauce (i.e. Frank’s Red Hot)
    1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. (TIP: I try to shred the chicken chunks).
    Stir in the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
    Mix in half the shredded cheese and transfer to an oven-proof baking dish (i.e. corning)
    Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake in oven until bubbly. Approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers, celery, etc.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Btw, this is the recipe I'm using if anyone else wants it. I got this from a friend. I haven't made it yet myself, but hers was GOOD.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
    Ingredients:
    2 (14 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained (I poach chicken breasts in the crock pot and shred them in my Kitchen Aid mixer instead.)
    2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    1 cup ranch dressing
    ¾ cup pepper sauce (i.e. Frank’s Red Hot)
    1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. (TIP: I try to shred the chicken chunks).
    Stir in the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
    Mix in half the shredded cheese and transfer to an oven-proof baking dish (i.e. corning)
    Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake in oven until bubbly. Approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers, celery, etc.

Have you thought about replacing the ranch with bleu cheese?
  • macchiatto
    Options
    @auntstephie321 I actually loathe bleu cheese. ;) Why do you ask?
    I have a different recipe I found online that I've made which had, IIRC, sour cream instead of ranch. Isn't ranch fairly LCHF-friendly though? Or did you ask as a matter of taste? I haven't plugged this one into the recipe builder yet but I know the other version I made was quite reasonable in terms of macros.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @auntstephie321 I actually loathe bleu cheese. ;) Why do you ask?
    I have a different recipe I found online that I've made which had, IIRC, sour cream instead of ranch. Isn't ranch fairly LCHF-friendly though? Or did you ask as a matter of taste? I haven't plugged this one into the recipe builder yet but I know the other version I made was quite reasonable in terms of macros.

Lol no just a matter of taste, I don't like bleu cheese plain, but mixed with hot sauce it's amazing. I know in many parts of the country people use ranch, living near buffalo we're basically raised on hot sauce and bleu cheese lol. I wasn't sure if you'd tried it before. (not crumbly bleu, the dressing)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Ah, got it. :) No, I haven't tried it but maybe I'd like it better in this recipe?

Btw I did just plug it into the recipe builder, using 2 lbs poached shredded chicken instead of the cans in the recipe. At 12 servings it's 3gm carbs, 27gm protein and 27gm fat if anyone's wondering. :)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    You may, it all mixes together and just tastes awesome lol. Ranch is delicious too though :)
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe... It will be perfect and I'll try it with blue cheese as I love blue cheese and don't like ranch...
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Found out someone is making a popper dip, so I won't make poppers. And another guy is bringing 2 kinds of wings.... so I have changed to a Keto version of a hot dogs with chili dip.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me..... Pork just went into the oven, basted with reserved ham juices from the last half of a ham I baked( I save everything for future cooking). Should be ready for pulling in about 4.5 hours.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Sad. I am eating my leftovers. From last night for dinner before I go into work, now I want all that other stuff.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I ate so much! I have no idea how to log it all. I can make some estimates, but it's high. Very high.
  • mamagib4
    mamagib4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just hosted my first party since starting my new lifestyle last month. I'm exhausted from all of the cooking. I made bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers, pulled roast beef tacos (lettuce wraps for me) wonderful cheeses and salami. I made my famous nacho dip and I tried to find something I could use instead of nachos. I dipped some
    Mexican sausage slices that were made fresh at my local grocery store. Way better than nachos!! My mind is playing with me a bit right now. In my other life all of that food would have been taboo because of the fat. Im having a bit of that guilt go through my head that I have ruined all of my hard work in the last month. I now it's not true but you know what they say .... Old habits die hard!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    I ate a lot, too. 1.25 servings of the buffalo chicken dip (my boys hated it :p so I ended up finishing one of theirs), 2 servings of the guac DH made and a bunch of celery sticks.
    For dessert (a few hrs later) I had sugar-free raspberry Jell-O and a little lite whipped topping. (I know, real whipped cream is better, but I'm running out of and I have to save my HWC for my coffee!)
    All in all I ate closer to maintenance today but still at 30 net carbs (my upper daily limit) so I'm cool with that!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I estimate that it was around 3000+ calories tonight. But, I didn't really eat before then. And, that's within my "maintain" level for calories. So, it's no huge deal. Just feel stuffed right now.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well, I was fabulous during the party. Not a single bite of carbs. 2 ounces each of cheese and pepperoni, and about 10 ounces of low carb chili dog dip. And it was so easy. That surprised me.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    We did end up watching the game (well, three quarters of it, what a boring game!), so I made some last minute items: buffalo wings, guacamole, and 'unrolled' egg rolls. I served nachos and salsa with the guac, and made myself some cheese crisps to have in place of the corn chips (major trigger for me).

I definitely overate, but that was more because I'd been sneaking cheese crisps while cooking so I wasn't actually hungry when I sat down to eat, then ate anyway.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Grats to the Broncos, but I didn't really enjoy the game, or the commercials. We ended up with smoked pulled pork, a meat and cheese tray, rotel cheese hamburger dip, and deviled eggs. I actually stayed under calories and lost .6 lbs this morning (I never lose on Mondays, so it was a pleasant surprise LOL).
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Just wings and rib tips for me. Wings were lunch and rib tips were for during the game. They were quite good. No real recipe, just made them on the fly.

64159A68-0FE7-4FBD-B92F-9B562FB103E8_zpsdbyrlcpn.jpg