How taking sugar out of my diet is helping me

Options

Replies

• taichilass
    taichilass Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    For me, not eating sugar has given me more energy, cleared up my skin and helped me drop some pounds
  • kimazoo
    kimazoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3 weeks of eating no sugars/fruit. No carbs (breads, chips, crackers, etc). No starches/gluten/dairy. The first 10-12 days were brutal. But I've found so much more energy. My skin looks so much better. I'm sleeping better at night. Just overall feeling bright and clean.
  • fitblackchic
    fitblackchic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can eat less fruit but to have no fruit at all....sounds crazy to me.
  • bobshouse
    bobshouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cannot do without fruit. It is difficult enough being veggie and doing low carb!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    @LPJM1710 I just looked at your food diary and you had over 200g of sugar yesterday and your goal is set at over 100g how is this taking sugar out of your diet?
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    kimazoo wrote: »
    3 weeks of eating no sugars/fruit. No carbs (breads, chips, crackers, etc). No starches/gluten/dairy. I've found so much more energy. My skin looks so much better. I'm sleeping better at night. Just overall feeling bright and clean.

For me, exactly the same, sleep like a baby, deep and long, my skin looks so much better and is more moist rather than parched, my mind is much more alert and sharp later into the night, my mood is stable as a rock, and I have so much more energy. Alll that form just cutting sugar- amazing really.
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    FitToLead wrote: »
    kimazoo wrote: »
    3 weeks of eating no sugars/fruit. No carbs (breads, chips, crackers, etc). No starches/gluten/dairy. I've found so much more energy. My skin looks so much better. I'm sleeping better at night. Just overall feeling bright and clean.

For me, exactly the same, sleep like a baby, deep and long, my skin looks so much better and is more moist rather than parched, my mind is much more alert and sharp later into the night, my mood is stable as a rock, and I have so much more energy. Alll that form just cutting sugar- amazing really.

Sounds close to what I'm doing, no sugar (though I slip sometimes), no fruits, no grains/starches, switched to almond milk and grass fed cheeses, grass fed meat and antibiotic free chicken.

My skin is so much better, I sleep 7 to 8 hours a night (5 to 6 before), I have more energy, I have more mental clarity, and im certain its helped with weight loss, overall I feel much better.

Even before starting to work out, just changing my diet I lost 18 pounds.