food vent

Options
fpiesmom
fpiesmom Posts: 12 Member
So my odd was diagnosed with pcos this past week, but at her ped apt in Dec we knew there was issues because of her lab work. Her cholesterol is 305-!! 305!!! She is 16!!! (Mine is 306!)So we started making sure we ate out less, ate healthier. We've been experimenting with Pinterest recipes. I tend to shop on the parameter of the store. Well, SO goes shopping last night with my 16 yo, he brought home all this boxed crappy food home ( natures valley bars for example) for snacks!- ugh, fruit and veggies and all home made snacks was the deal. Both of them knew this! I told dd I wasn't buying that crap the day prior and she cons SO to buy it......ugh. I won't be tempted to eat it but I want to help dd improve her choices. She shares placement between her dad's and my house. Not to be stereotypical but really, he cooks like a single dude when the kids are there. He did call me to get ideas how to shop after odd health issues came up. Kuddos to him, but now I'm the crap food house!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent- really the world has bigger problems than this.. I was just briefly annoyed!

Replies

• RamonaMSD
    RamonaMSD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, I've been dealing with PCOS all my life and know how it is. I didn't know back then that diet plays such an importnat role, so your daughter is so lucky to have you, even if she might not like it by making these choices. It's just the beginning, make them understand again what they can an cannot buy. It's also hard to buy healthy stuff when everything has the words nature, natural, bla bla. Not that that's an excuse, but I feel like women our age are more educated than men or children about nutrition because we've been dealing with the extra pounds. You're the master of your domain, teach them haha!
  • fpiesmom
    fpiesmom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha-ha! Thank you. At least she is young and can hopefully change her habits. She is so much like her dad. I am glad that he is on board with helping tho