Back on track...

Options
josiereside
josiereside Posts: 720 Member
A little NSV for me today... yesterday I was at my class reunion and really went off plan (2 cupcakes amongst other things)... In my previous life I would continue the bad eating but because I am so encouraged by the success I have been having being low carb (over 6 pounds lost in 3 weeks), I go rightt back on that horse today. I really wanted toast with my eggs, I really wanted comfort carby food (you know, good hangover food).. but got right back on the low carb plan!

Replies

• moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done you! That's what it's all about, this way of eating is the norm :-), any deviations are just temporary blips. Plus if we realise we can go off track on the odd occasion and as you say (get right back on the horse) then it gives confidence to commit to this way of eating. Freedom of choice is very liberating!
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I read kind of a funny quote regarding getting back on track. It went something like: " Continuing to eat like crap after one bad moment is like dropping yor cell phone and then, because you already dopped it, continue to smash it into the ground. "
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you (though I've been off plan for a few weeks).
    To keep on track, I set my alarm to get up and workout at 5:30am. I'm planing my meals a day in advance and and prepping my lunch/snacks the night before so there are no excuses!

Ironically, to stay safe, I took the largest dog of our three dogs with me for safety. She's the only female pet out of our 5 furbabies and she's also the only one who is carrying extra weight as well. So BOTH of the women of the house are working out! :laugh:
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Love it!!:ohwell: :love: