Lipoprint results show 'bad' Cholesterol is virtually zero!

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
I recently had a Lipoprint blood test done to see the numbers of the different sizes of LDL cholesterol. Back in october I went to the UK for a Gynae op and 6 days later started having severe chest pains! 3 days later I was back in hospital having 3 stents fitted to add to 1 I had 3 years ago. They had no idea why it should happen suddenly like that with no warning but put it down to being associated to the op the previous week.
A couple of weeks later we came back to Dubai and I booked my follow up appointment with my Cardiologist here. I knew he would give me the usual advice etc etc and wanted to show him proof that my woe wasnt to blame. We finally found a lab here that would do the Lipoprint test and paid their high price! Good old rip off Dubai!
Anyway when it came back a week later it was worth it. LDL has 7 different sizes from 1 and 2 which are the large fluffy ones we aim for gradually getting smaller in sizes 3-7 and those are the ones that they say cause atheromas.
Size 1 and 2 fine but size 3 small amount and 4-7 ZERO!!! Yaaaay. I was SO happy and vindicated that eating LCHF does sort out the problematic LDL. The Cardiologist was shocked and asked us so many questions. He told us he would be recommending LCHF now! He had said before he like zero carb but I dont think he really knew what he was talking about!

So.....the next time someone tells you the this woe will give you heart disease...show them this!

b0g5qh8q7j6z.jpg

Sorry if it comes up huge....I dont know how to adjust it!
BTW My atherosclerosis was caused long before I started this woe and in 10 months I have lost 40lb and....any future worries about it getting worse!
Thanks everyone for talking about particle sizes and tests on the forum...if you hadnt I would never have known and would just have put up with being told my cholesterol is too high!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's great Jane!! So happy the tests have come back with such wonderful results!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Good to see you posting in good health, Jane!

My snapshot (they call it VAP here) looks the same, and I also have a "before" snapshot, so I could watch it go from pattern B to pattern A.

I hope that's enough. I still worry about preexisting plaques. Are you getting some sort of periodic monitoring, like CIMT or calcium score? What do they look for and how often?
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Hope it's not too many more decades before the rest of the doctors out there get on board with LCHF!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm seeing the Cardiologist on tuesday to discuss what 'baseline' investigation I can have to monitor the existing plaques. As we dont have insurance and here Medicine is a money-generating game it will depend on the cost of the different suggestions. I'll let you know what we go for.
    What really pee'd me off about the new stents was that I had managed to get off all medication by about may last year and of course they plonked me right back on! This time for a year at least. Hopefully I can wriggle out of them again after that! Lol. He knows I am very anti taking meds so...... ;)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is terrific news!! What a great progress report!