Motivation accountability and support February 2016

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
I know its already the 4th i got stuck thinking it was still January!

So i am finally below 310, and moving to my next goal of getting under 300, i plan to do this in the next few months so i can throw away these over tired stretched out dress pants for good!

I hope everyone has a great month, i will stop in a couple times a week. Maybe even more now that i am starting to feel better on my new medication my sugars are slowly getting into range and i actually stay awake/alert all day again.

My goals for this week
1) stay away from the sweets
2) do not let myself get dehydrated

Replies

• HLaR79
    Options
    Did good staying away from the sweets today, didnt sneak away once for candy and someone gave me a bag of chocolates that i have no intentions of eating having.

Today i went to lunch and we walked there and back, which felt good, i am moving better already just having taken off 20 lbs. Tomorrow i will go grocery shopping and sunday is my crochet and Netflix day with my sister.

Next week i think i will make a goal to walk 4 times in the week!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I only have one goal for the next week....MOVE MORE. I have already started walking to the furthest bathroom from my desk...i want to take short walks at work to see how my ankles will hold up to walking. That is a challenge for me. I walk on the sides of my feet so it can be painful. I will have to see how it goes next week. Won't know until I try. But I am definitely up for moving more.
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @HLaR79 and bevkidd1, good for both of you!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Im just glad my sugars are finally low enough that i feel better again, it was scary, but it was so long feeling sick im not even sure what to do with myself its like i expect to feel crappy so i plan to do so little then i dont feel crappy and i dont know what to do with myself...
    Looking forward to a good week!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Today i didnt walk much my work day then home day was crazy. Sugars were a bit high but instead of passing out on the couch i got up helped my kid with his homework and then did some dishes! I missed feeling like i could take care of my house again.
    Tomorrow 15 minute walk at break
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I continue to walk to the furthest bathroom, every little bit helps right? I try to get up from my desk every couple hours now. I need to because I get so stiff and can't move very well after sitting for more than 2 hours at a time. My ankles hurt more the longer I sit making it even harder to move. I get so frustrated because my body won't do what I want/need to do. I guess it's one day at a time...one step at a time.
  • sadie651986
    sadie651986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a bank teller and it is so hard to find time to get up and move! I try to stand for a little bit each hour but I cannot really walk around too much because I have to be ready to help members. The tracking aspect has been easier than I expected but it is so hard to find motivation to exercise. I cannot wait until it warms up so that I can get back to hiking with my fiance on the weekends.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I had a doctor visit today....and was COMPLETELY surprised! Great news! I am no longer considered in the "danger zone" for acquiring diabetes! My labs were awesome! That is the BEST NSV EVER! I do need to get my vitamin D up and get more water but I can handle that. Just last month I had elevated blood sugars so I now know that I am on the right path. Nothing will stop me now, absolutely nothing!
  • pnece
    Options
    @bevkidd1 -- congrats!!! That's great news!!! Getting and staying healthy is a much better motivator than any number on the scale!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    Thanks pnece! I am sooo excited about my future now. 2 months ago I was wondering how much longer I would be able to hold off diabetes...now I'm starting to imagine what I will look like when I reach goal.

Just the other day I felt my collarbones for the first time without having to press the fat down to find them! I almost cried, i have never been able to do that before. I am waiting for the day when I can buy a smaller size in clothes. Right now I buy clothes that are too big by 1 size to hide the fat...i want to buy clothes that are the right size and fit... I know I will now...that's an awesome feeling and great NSV...
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I didnt realize how long since i checked in sorry guys, i was really enjoying feeling well and just kept busy this week.
    On Saturday and Sunday my husband started deep cleaning the house, moving stuff, scrubbing stuff and overall just trying to get things organized. Unfortunately we didnt get as far as i wanted because we kept getting interuppted!
    Today is a day off work for us so i am going to try and get a but further on the house!

Next week i am going to keep trying to up my movements.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I have been exercising a lot more than normal. I did the 3 mile walk away the pounds dvd tonight...wanted to stop after 1 1/2 miles but I made myself complete the entire thing. I am ready for the changes to start showing. I can actually feel my collarbones without having to press through the fat to find them. That's the second best thing that's happened since I started this journey...I'm making progress and that's an awesome feeling! Onward and upward!
  • pnece
    Options
    Hi all! Some of us are recording new weights on the February goals chat board. Looking at them reminded me of two things that have helped me to keep working at weight management and maintain my weight loss (or at least most of it!). The first is that any week I don't gain is a good week! I can gain a lot of weight really fast, so simply not having the scale numbers go up is a victory for mr. And the second is a terminology thing. Whenever I have a period of time that my body just isn't willing to shed even a single ounce, I call it "practicing maintenance" rather than plateauing. It's amazing how much that little change -- substituting a positive phrase for what most of us would consider a negative one -- has made for me!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    HLaR79, congratulations on falling below 310.

I haven't been on for awhile but I'm working on 30 minutes exercise a day and healthy coping skills.

• HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks jltheis it just sort of happened now i am stalled again, but i have been snacking a lot and i think it is really stopping me but i also know that my body just needs to settle and adjust to all my medication changes!

Glad you stopped by :)
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will be so happy to finally get below 300!! I have like 38lba to go. I started a keto/low carb diet this past Saturday and my first weigh in is tomorrow!!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hope you have good results. A student of mine went on a me to diet with his family and has lost close to 20 lbs and we have notified his mental health is greatly improved. He is happier and more engaged in healthy activities.
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I had a bad week...didnt exercise but tried to watch my food intake. Didnt do very well at all. I just lost sight of my goal for a few. I'm back at it this week!
  • pnece
    Options
    @bevkidd1 - hi! Sorry you're feeling that way. Sometimes when I think I've had a "bad" week, and the numbers on the scale aren't cooperating, I'll think about non-scale measures. For instance, you said you tried to watch what you were eating. How many times in your life have you not even thought about the quantity or quality of what you're eating? If you're like me, that number would be in the billions, at least! So just the fact that you're thinking about it is a victory. Changing our habits takes a lot of practice. And it sure sounds like you're working away at it!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I'm really trying pnece! I tend to be very hard on myself too. I am so disappointed that I let myself gain that much back. It may take a little bit, but that weight will come back off. This was my first big slip since November so I would have to say I am not doing all that bad. I need to get more organized and prepared.