Friday, February 5, 2016

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
12647256_1393239534114309_3770288272390582625_n.jpg?oh=18fa44eaf46ddb84dbc65b90275608a9&oe=5722BC1C

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I had a 4:15 chiropractor appointment yesterday afternoon. Should have had time to sneak in a run between that and my trainer session, but he was running behind. I ended up doing 12 minutes on the AMT (elliptical) instead, then ran 2 miles at the hockey shelter after my session. The shelter was built by the community (local businesses donated supplies, local people went and physically helped build it, etc.) so the upper perimeter is open to the community for walking or running. The exception is during hockey games, when it would be too crowded to do it anyway. Last night I got there just as one practice was letting out so there was 1 kid on the ice when I started and then a group of younger girls had practice so they were out on the ice doing drills as I was running laps above them.

Then I went home and ate half a bag of chocolate covered cashews (1 bag = 9 servings).
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    That rink sounds very nice. It's always nice to have something to watch when you run. Don't worry about the nuts. Just move on. I was so starving and fiesty last night. I decided an entire bag of chips dipped in fancy sauce (ketchup and mayo) would help. I was right. I felt human again in a way that salad would not have solved. Oh well, now I have t move on.

Today I had ENT appt, that became two appts and some walking in between. Wore different shoes, no heel lifts and had my best day ever with my legs (so far). I think I'm starting to heal, plus I think having no squishiness in these particular shoes helped. Starting to think about the gym again. Gotta go at the moment. Will read here later tonight.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Did my usual walk on trail.

Lots of errands and phone calls, feels good I got a lot done.

Good to hear your healing Sherry.

Hockey place sounds cool Laura. I had never gone to anything like that and got invited last winter to watch local game. Fun to watch a different sport.