Bucca Di Beppo

moe0303
moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
Anybody have any low carb favorites? From what I can see, there are no official nutritional facts from Bucca. I'm leaning towards the Chicken Saltimbocca which is chicken "Topped with prosciutto and sage, served with artichoke hearts, lemon, capers and lemon butter sauce".

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I don't know, but that sounds delicious.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    request that the chicken NOT be dusted with flour...because it is
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    My favourite is the Chicken Marsala! Like Jodeh said, ask for it w/o the flour dusting. Marsala wine has some carbs, so you'll probably want to scrape some sauce off, but it's emulsified with butter instead of being thickened with cornstarch or flour, or at least that's the traditional way of making it, and they're pretty traditional for a chain restaurant. And it's served with yummy mushrooms, which aren't bad carb-wise for a veg.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Ask them not to dust it with flour. I went there a few weeks ago, printed out their gluten-free menu then got the nutritional facts from FatSecret.
  • moe0303
    They also have a large meatball...and Italian sausage as a side...hmm.
  • moe0303
    edited February 2016
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited February 2016
    yeah, but meatballs are notoriously filled w/ bread-type fillers, sometimes more than actual meat...that's why they are so tender (and freaking delicious).

In that instance, the sausage would be the better choice. Don't be afraid to ask for something special/specific or not shown on the menu, most places are happy to accomodate.

Your first choice sounds good though, no flour dusting & light on the sauce. Done.
  • moe0303
    Thanks for all the help. We'll see how it goes.