Your favorite Keto foods

Options
I'm fully embracing Keto! Since I'm just two weeks in, there are two things at the top of my mind: what I eat, and when I eat. I'm struggling slightly to keep my calories and fat up right now, because I don't feel hungry much anymore (thank you, Keto!) and also I'm not a huge fan of meat. However, I'm starting to get creative, and am adapting some meals to their Keto equivalent.

My favorite so far is Cheesy Spinach Chicken pinwheels.
Simple enough directions: beat flat chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts, put a thin layer of spinach mixture (finely chopped spinach, cream cheese, and shredded cheese) on top, roll the chicken into a spiral/pinwheel length wise, and secure the spiral with a toothpick. Bake in 400F oven for 20 minutes.

My go-to snacks are avocados, mixed nuts, and peppers w/ blue cheese dip.

What are your favorite foods to eat that are Keto approved? Anything else that worked for you?

Replies

• DaniTronMcNally
    DaniTronMcNally Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the same foods a lot, mainly bacon and eggs for breakfast (if I'm in a hurry I make them the night before in muffin pans) drumsticks for lunch YUM and meat with brocolli, cauliflower and some onion for dinner. You should youtube 'Cooking Keto with Kristie' she makes the BEST foods! (try her pizza puffs!!!!0
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like to make meat muffins-ground meat, I like buffalo, bison, or grass fed beef. Mix in some garlic, salt pepper, thyme, basil-any spices you like. Add some finely diced veggies-greener the better-kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, any low carb veggies. Bake in muffin pans for about 30 minutes (guesstimate on time). They're great for a quick meal on the go, or a snack! The veggies help keep the meat moist. There are lots of recipes out there.
  • nvbluesky
    nvbluesky Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this group, but not to keto! One of my favorite afternoon snacks is this: Hemp Hearts and Bacon Crumbles! I use 3 T. Hemp Hearts, 1 T. Bacon Crumbles and 1/2-1 tsp bacon grease. I warm the last two ingredients in the microwave maybe 20 secs, and add to the first. Maybe a little salt to top it off. It's not a lot of food but the ratios are good and a satisfying little work snack. Hemp Hearts are sesame seed like in size, maybe bigger, though softer and slightly chewy and faintly sweet...a
  • Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Something quick and easy! Tuna in those single packages with a squirt of real mayo. Helped me from caving in during a recent camping trip. Those and all beef hotdogs. Roasted brussel sprouts wrapped in bacon are the bomb diggity!
  • Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello and heavy whipped cream (sugar free) help get me thru on rough days.