Options
2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    The deprivation aspect is a tricky one. You can absolutely rebound from deprivation with a binge. So for me, the trick is to not feel deprived. Think of what you'd like to eat to make this sustainable for the long-term. Find the things you LOVE that fit into your macro framework. There's no shortage of good things to eat once you leave those factory-made foods behind.

l agree. I made that shift in thinking early on with this WOE and I think it's really helped me compared to previous diets I'd tried. I also trained myself to think about salty or savory snacks when I found myself (out of habit) craving something sweet, especially in the evenings. I'm amazed at how often I can be craving DH's chocolate chip cookies and find myself satisfied with a baby dill pickle or two, and/or maybe a slice of pepper jack cheese, etc. I do have sweet options at times, too, but I've gotten better about thinking I *have* to have something sweet every day and when I do, it's keto-friendly.

I've still had a few days in the past 3 months where I had carbage for various reasons (still relatively low carb days with one exception though, just not keto) but I was able to rebound from them pretty quickly. The key for me, too, is to plan ahead and make sure I have good options on hand, especially if I'm going to a party, potluck, etc. And not to feel defeated or give up if I have one "off" day.