Lab work after 1 year lchf

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Wanted to put this out there for those who fear the fat of this woe!

Lipid panel results:
1-9-15 8-20-15 1-20-16
Total. 169 133 181
Triage. 76 60 53
HDL- 57 50 72
LDL- 97 71 98

These numbers may not mean much to many people, but they tell me I'm doing the right thing! Fyi: I had surgery last Jan so the August labs were at the six month check up (I had pushed the time to give me as much time as possible on LCHF before getting it drawn). They will now be just yearly, unless there's a medical necessity to do so, but I don't expect that!

I'm very happy with LCHF, even though I didn't begin with bad numbers it's good to see that eating high fat isn't raising my levels as the naysayers would expect!! :smiley:

Sorry about the layout of the numbers! Hope they make sense!!

Replies

• travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an awesome panel. Everything went the right way. :) Congratulations!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Helps us stay the course. Congratulations on the weight loss and most especially the good health numbers!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Looks great! So happy for all your success!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Interesting that HDL and LDL both changed direction -- going down in the first 8 months, then going up after. Did your diet change? More SFA perhaps? In any case, looks good to me. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    No changes @wabmester! Been at the same level of fatty intake since last June.

Thanks everybody!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great! Thanks for posting. I need to get my blood work done soon. I am curious; it's nice to see how others fare!