Stalled

Options
So, I haven't lost anything for 9 days now. This is a little discouraging but not giving in. I believe it might be because I have added exercise to my IF. Hoping that it is muscle since I have not cheated at all. Anyone else stall on IF and if so, what did you do to break it?

Replies

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Dana, I stalled a couple of times. Each time I waited it out and just when I was about to give up (and give in), I had a three-pound weight loss. I, too, had added in exercise (cardio. In my case). Everyone is different, but whether it is a plateau or the exercise, you might be just about to lose. Hang in there.
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your body could be getting used to exercise in conjunction with IF. Also probably building muscle. Something I have read on an IF FB group I follow, is that we should adjust our calories and macros as we lose weight. I think I remember them saying every 15 lbs or so. Also, they say if you are stalled, tweak one think at a time. Maybe increase or decrease carbs or calories. Also maybe one day eat a lot of extra carbs (aka carb refeed if you are doing low carb)that will replenish your glycogen and get you back on the road to weight. Keep at it. I think everyone has to experiment with themselves as of our bodies change. Good job staying the course. You're doing great!
  • leighn62
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Sometimes we wonder if we're doing the right thing. We have to follow our heads and not the scale!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful replies and encouragement. I did finally drop a pound this morning. Yay! Maybe, I am back on track.
  • leighn62
    Options
    Yahoo! Down you go!
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about your weight. Weight fluctuates a few pounds daily because of water weight. Just look at yourself in the mirror to judge and only weigh yourself every few weeks.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The scale tells me I've gained weight and the mirror tells a completely different story. Stick with it! We all know it works!!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is so true! I have this OCD thing with the scale and I get mad but I refuse to quit. I like that people are starting to notice :)
  • leighn62
    Options
    That scale is the devil! I had a small binge on mixed nuts( learned my lesson and won't buy those again) on Sunday night and of course on Monday I had gained 3 lbs from when I had last weighed a few days before. I was pretty sure it was water weight because of the salt. I was diligent Monday and Tuesday and by this morning, I had lost all 3 lbs. The scale measures a lot of other thing besides your weight. Grrr
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @TheDoctorDana Congrats on being back on the downward trend :)
  • cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising, make sure you take measurements. Inches lost are better than pounds lost. The extra muscle will help burn calories.