Week TWO

Options
RedVelvette
RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
Can you believe it? We ALL survived week one! The first step is always the hardest, now we can build on our new habits, and learn from the places where we struggled. Remember, double-points for water this week!!

It has been so inspiring to read all of the comments and the encouragement for each other!! I will have winners posted in the Week ONE thread by tomorrow at noon (PST). Team leaders, remember that the deadline is today at 2:00PM PST for you to send me your numbers (average team score for the week and the name and number of points for the participant with the highest points contributed)!

In the meantime, cheers to all for a healthy week TWO!

Replies

• Caleanra
    Caleanra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Woo, nice job everyone! I'm sure we all learned and grew this week. I'm excited to continue on this journey with all of you and hope that you all have an amazing week two :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone- this is a great challenge! Good luck with week 2
  • miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit, I've been trolling the other teams' discussions and you guys have had some great ideas. I just saw @vazquezmom7 idea for a motivation board and other people's suggestions for eating more fruits and veggies. I think it would be great if we could share these ideas in the weekly discussion threads so everyone could benefit. What do you think?
  • campingma
    campingma Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Here it is!
    kwi6wi1ccinr.jpg
  • vazquezmom7
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Do any of you reward/treat yourself when you reach a mini goal?

I know I am not a dog but...it helps keep me focused. These are mine:

160: New haircut
    155: New cell case (I so need this once spring comes)
    150: New book
    145: Buy kettleball &workout video
    140: Buy new under garments
    135: Buy new wardrobe from thrift store.

• campingma
    Options
    I do that
  • campingma
    Options
    Does anyone else type a long thing and then only a little bit of it posts? What am I doing wrong?
  • miztessbert
    Options
    I’ve set both mini and major goals, and treat myself when I reach a major goal. So far I treated myself to a new watch when I moved from "obese" to "overweight" in BMI weight (Oct.) and a new Ann Klein purse that I had on my Amazon wish list for a while when I reached my end of year goal for 2015 (Dec.). Next major goal is reaching a “normal” BMI weight – not sure what I’ll treat myself to then.
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @vazquezmom7 Amazon has sales on kettle bells for $1/lb every once in a while. I've bought 2 now and I love them. There is also an Amazon underground App called Daily Workouts that has kettle bell routines on it that you can try for free.
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been discouraged this week because I've been sick and not been able to keep up with my exercise goals. But I told the Green Team that:

eyjnaokm4ajz.jpg
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    It is hard to stay with exercise goals while also being sick. Be kind to yourself! And I hope you feel better, soon! :-)
  • janetay01
    Options
    Hi Jen, following on from the thread last week about missing teammates how do we handle if we tried to make contact and had no response and no scores logged since early last week?
  • campingma
    Options
    She has a great response to that question/delimna under the Q/A section. I'm not good at copying and pasting - maybe someone else can :) (feel like a hunting hound dog trying to point out which direction to look - lol)
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    Hi Jen, following on from the thread last week about missing teammates how do we handle if we tried to make contact and had no response and no scores logged since early last week?

She said: That's a good question. If they notified you ahead of time, you just would not include their score in your average and divide your total by one less participant. If they didn't notify you that they weren't participating for the week, you would give them a zero but still count them in the number of participants. I know that sucks, because it could really bring down the team score, but the point of the challenge is to give us all some accountability. It's another reason why the contacting teammate aspect is so important, if you haven't heard from a teammate all week, it might be a good time to check in on them and see if they need a little extra help, or if they need to take the week off because, life happens sometimes.

We had a team member drop last week.....I just sent her a message to check in and she let me know she was not able to participate. Hopefully you can track down your missing teammate!
  • miztessbert
    Options
    We reached out multiple times since the start of the week to see if she was still participating but never got a response. Can we just drop her from the team?
  • janetay01
    Options
    I saw the original response - my question was more around when you have reached out multiple times and got nothing - much as Patti said above.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    If you don't get a response, I'd assume they are not able to participate, at least for now. If they come back before the end of the challenge, then great, you can add them back in. We want to have accountability, but also understanding that sometimes life gets in the way and that's just the way things go!
    I hope this helps. Sorry I was MIA yesterday, wasn't on my computer much.
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    I hope everyone finished strong this week!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    ANNOUNCING: Week TWO Winners!

TEAM winner: YELLOW! The yellow team came in with the highest average points at 222! Way to go YELLOW Team!
    The rest of the team average points were:
    Red at 170.2
    Green at 165
    Purple at 158.6

And, the individual with most points award goes to… (drumroll)…
    Patti (again!) with a whopping 227 points!
    And a very close 2nd worth mentioning goes to goingforahundred at 226 points!

Way to go everyone! Remember, week 3 is double points for fruit.
    Also, we will change our reporting schedule slightly as follows:
    - Submit your points to team leaders by Monday at 8am PST
    - Points from team leaders to me by Tuesday at 8am PST (so that you have sufficient time calculate the averages).
    - I will announce winners by Tuesday evenings at 8PM PST.