Hysterectomy? Hard to lose weight?

I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago at 39 years old (emergency one). Since then I swear the lbs just stay with me and it is so much harder to lose any! Did anyone else notice the same thing? Mine was partial, still have my ovaries... I don't care that the doc thinks that it should not affect my metabolism, hormones etc...it surely does. I don't have any symptoms of menopause, just this weight that was never a problem before. Anyone else with similar situation? Has anything helped?

Replies

• ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    I had one ovary removed, which supposedly does not affect your hormones at all according to Drs, but I have never been the same since. I have tried EVERYTHING, and never had any luck with traditional western Drs acknowledging or treating my symptoms. After seeing a naturopath, I now am on meds to support my thyroid and hormones a few days of the month. I am feeling much better, finally! I also found exercise really helps, probably because it can naturally help with hormones. https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/optimize_natural_hormonal_production_through_training/