Say "No" to late night snacking in July!

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    LNS: 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    July 11

Me: 7 *
    LNS: 4

Back on track today.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 5* - LNS: 6

YEAH! :glasses:
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Congrats lamlam and dewdrop!

I barely scraped by last night...

Me: 7
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I made it a popcorn night, last night, as a "reward" for making it through my son's (horrificly loud) band performance last night.

LNS: 2
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Haha, Beeps, you deserve it!

Another win for me!

Me: 8
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yay, April!

Me: 10

We didn't eat supper at our friends' house until REALLY late, but I had only eaten 1 protein bar, all day, so I am not considering my daily alotment of calories (which I saved for this dinner at friends') as "LNS".
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I won't consider a handfull of cherries and a peach as a loss, especially since that was my "dinner" at 9 p.m. Hopefully noone will complain :smile: to:

Me: 6* - LNS: 6
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 13

Me: 9 *

Another later dinner last night, but I was out all afternoon and evening trimming my dad's bushes and pulling weeds and didn't stop to eat dinner till I was done.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    dewdrop - I wouldn't count that as "LNS" - hope you really didn't, either!

lamlam - if your "late dinner" was within the calories you needed for the day, that is NOT (imho) "LNS"!

Me: 12
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Me: 8
    LNS: 5

Boo. It was a rough night emotionally.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 6 - LNS: 7* weekends...

On the bright side, I've lost some water-weight that worried at the beginning of last week. So in spite of the bad numbers, I must have done something right lately ;).
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I evened it out again :wink::

Me: 7* - LNS: 7
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Ha, so now they give a scientific name to it :tongue::
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045287-same-calories-but-a-change-of-timing-and-a-big-thank-you

Were any of you here when a "know-it-all" guy accused me of having nothing scientific to back up my "challenge" and that eating right before bed is OK, as long as it's healthy? While I do agree to not having done any real "research" into it, I must say that there are times when I do trust my common sense. Now with this theory of "intermittent fasting" it looks like there is some "science" to it, lol. My problem with all this is there is too much "science" and there are too many "I have found the right way to do it" claims. Some things work perfectly for some and give no results on others. The theory which I learned from a pal here that fits me best is "listen to your body". While I found that not a trivial thing to do (I had no idea how to listen), I found out that I was listening... I think it's a rule of thumb to learn to know what fits YOU best and what's healthy for YOU.

Sorry, I had to let it out :smile:.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 14

LNS: 5*

Need to learn not to reward myself with food.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Ha, so now they give a scientific name to it :tongue::
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045287-same-calories-but-a-change-of-timing-and-a-big-thank-you

Were any of you here when a "know-it-all" guy accused me of having nothing scientific to back up my "challenge" and that eating right before bed is OK, as long as it's healthy? While I do agree to not having done any real "research" into it, I must say that there are times when I do trust my common sense. Now with this theory of "intermittent fasting" it looks like there is some "science" to it, lol. My problem with all this is there is too much "science" and there are too many "I have found the right way to do it" claims. Some things work perfectly for some and give no results on others. The theory which I learned from a pal here that fits me best is "listen to your body". While I found that not a trivial thing to do (I had no idea how to listen), I found out that I was listening... I think it's a rule of thumb to learn to know what fits YOU best and what's healthy for YOU.

Sorry, I had to let it out :smile:.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was talking to one of my friends about this group, and she said the same thing, that it's okay to eat right before you go to bed, especially someone like me who's working out and lifting, etc.

But for me, it's part of my ED. The eating late at night while I'm by myself thing is somehow emotionally related to all that. Somehow.

Anyway...

Me: 10
    LNS: 5
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    LNS: 3

It wasn't a good night last night. I simply caved and let the binge happen.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    1 for me and 1 for them again :ohwell: . At least I was smart enough to make milk my "snack", thinking that it will flush a bit my system. Which I think it did!

Me: 8 - LNS: 8

I just wish I had a better score to set a better example... :embarassed: On a brighter note, just like I stated before, the thought of this challenge is helping me, even on some of the nights when I (seem to have) fail(ed). Fail to the "0-calories past dinner" plan, gain against the binge (I seldom eat for the fun of it).

Well, struggling - this is why we call it a challenge, right? but still at it!!! :glasses:

Keep up the good work, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 13
    LNS: 3