New to the group and looking for support and motivation

Options
Im 42 years old. I have 3 children. Im 5'5 and weigh 133lbs, my goal weight is 125. I have thyroid issues and seems almost impossible to get back to my weight. I have not seen 125 since I turned 40. Im very focused and determined to get there by this summer!

Replies

• Firness24
    Firness24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm new to the group and just joined a 90 day challenge through my gym to stay accountable during this journey with support as well. I'm 44 and gained about 10 pounds. Need to stay focused and determined by summer as well!! We can do this. Enjoy the process...trying to think it's possible and we can both do it. Cheers! lots of water ;) half my body weight in pounds is my goal. I'm 128.5 and want to go down to 118.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like to make mini goals on my way to achieving a larger goal so that I continued to stay motivated and feel the sense of accomplishment along the way. You got this! :)
  • Carothom
    Carothom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. Just saw your post Christina & wondered what kind of mini goals do you set on your way to achieving the big goal? I need ideas & inspiration! My treat on achieving a goal usually results in a blow out, undoing all my good work!
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisette.. you can do it. What helps me is that I log everything. Once you see it.. it keeps you grounded. Good luck
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Add me!! I also have thyroid problems!!
  • masseyfamily
    masseyfamily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lisette143 wrote: »
    Im 42 years old. I have 3 children. Im 5'5 and weigh 133lbs, my goal weight is 125. I have thyroid issues and seems almost impossible to get back to my weight. I have not seen 125 since I turned 40. Im very focused and determined to get there by this summer!

• masseyfamily
    masseyfamily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 130 with 3 kids, 41 years old and thyroid issues. I came here to post the same as you, looking forward to losing about 6 pounds.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 38 next month. I have three kids, no thyroid problem that I know of, though. I was 121, but have been out of control since about October and am now 138. I want to be 120. I need some way to hold myself accountable.
  • organic_homestead
    organic_homestead Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've only been using MFP for a week, even though I've had an account for almost a year! I just turned 46, I have 2 children (5 and 10) and I'm feeling like I may be experiencing some perimenopause symptoms. I train early in the year for a half marathon; but once that's over I don't do much running. I also like to lift weights. Right now I just use free weights as I don't have access to a bar.

Last year I completed two parts of the Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess program. I now follow some workouts that I've found through Girls Gone Strong and on Pinterest and Exercise.com.

Logging food hasn't always been my favorite thing to do. In the past I have found it tedious and very time consuming. I do love that MFP has such a huge database and have found things in there (like the non-dairy creamer at work) that aren't common.

I've worn a Jawbone UP24 and that recently died. My hubby got me the FitBit ChargeHR for my bday and I love it! The heart rate is pretty accurate!

Last year this time I was at 162lbs and pushing a size 14 (I have boobs and hips). I lost 20lbs and 6" and got down to a size 8. I was wearing short shorts last summer! Due to a hip injury and then the holidays I did gain about about 6lbs and an inch back. I'm back at it and my home scale this morning said 143.5. My goal weight is 135. I'm having a really, really, really hard time getting anywhere close to under 140!

thanks for listening!

Denise