Those of you on very low carb need your thoughts

Options
2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I count newnet carbs and aim for 20-30 net per day (with some lower carb days in there). Seems to be working for me!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Net, not newnet. :)
  • macchiatto
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Also as for whether net carbs is cheating or a loophole or whatever, I think it just depends on what your overall goals are in eating low carb, how your body responds to different carb goals and adjust accordingly to whatever carb level and method of counting them helps you best meet your own goals.

When I first started I felt pressure to get carbs as low as possible, but someone on here said there's no reward for having the lowest carbs. It's just a matter of the above. If someone's doing 50 net and it's working for them, great! I think it's only cheating yourself if you're not getting the results you want (after giving it plenty of time!) yet not willing to change things up to get results.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

Haha I thought it may have been some new fangled way to count carbs :tongue:

• macchiatto
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

Haha I thought it may have been some new fangled way to count carbs :tongue:

Like Weight Watchers Points Plus. ;)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Ladipoet do you mind sharing ur recipe

Once I get home tonight and look through my recipes, I'll post some links to some for you.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the low carb foods (like tortillas)offered in the stores. I count total carbs, unless I happen to eat a vegetable. Then I will deduct the fiber.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I generally focus mostly in the total carbs. With that said, I have been pretty extreme in my carb restriction so I don't worry too much about it. I'm often under 20g and never above 50g. I'm always registering ketones so I just keep on keeping on.
  • Beachlady228
    Beachlady228 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 6% carbs which is 18g for my calorie goal. Prepackaged food scares me at this point, so I get my carbs from HF dairy and low carb veggies. I feel OK about going over if it's no more than the fiber in the veggies. Since MFP doesn't give net carbs as an option (at least that I can find), it is just easier for me to focus on my macro percentages.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    dmedoff wrote: »
    I have my goal set at 6% carbs which is 18g for my calorie goal. Prepackaged food scares me at this point, so I get my carbs from HF dairy and low carb veggies. I feel OK about going over if it's no more than the fiber in the veggies. Since MFP doesn't give net carbs as an option (at least that I can find), it is just easier for me to focus on my macro percentages.

If you want to also easily see your net carbs, this is a simple way to do it. Just make sure to track your fibre, or else it won't work.

http://www.travelinglowcarb.com/4448/myfitnesspal-hack/