New to group, wanting to regain momentum

Hey all! I am newer to this group, and was looking for some awesome likeminded peoples. I am trying to balance getting to my goal, being in grad school and adulting in general. I am super outdoorsy, love good clean food and cooking, as well as a good micro brew. My CW is 147, and my GW is 135. My heaviest was probably around 170, so I have come a good ways, but I'm struggling with those last few lbs. that's why I decided to get more social and see if the accountability helps. Feel free to add me or tell me a little bit about yourself! I'm really excited to regain some momentum!

Replies

• My weight is 152 pounds (5'6) but my goal weight is 132 pounds so we are in a similar situation I think. My weight does not change unless I really restrict my calories and then it shoots back to what it is now if I eat normally for a week- so I am at a stage where I am going to have to keep up the momentum for longer periods of time and try to shake things up a bit. Seeing other people in a similar situation could help us both!
  • nikesandbows
    nikesandbows Posts: 38 Member
    Welcome @leannamvaughan !
    I don't post here very often bc honestly the MFP app makes me mad on the message boards lol. I'm in an accelerated nursing program and work 55hr/week-> adulting sucks! My goal is to drop all the weight I gained from my hip injury (~35lbs). I'm just now starting to get back into exercise and out of depresion.
    Accountability really helps a lot! =) Do you have a support system at home?
  • cathieallicks
    cathieallicks Posts: 2 Member
    I am also new to this group. Was doing well then got sick and lost all momentum and motivation. You all sound similar to me - I'm not that over weight, but definitely need to lose about 20 pounds. I have found it to be very hard and very slow to show any results. I'm starting again today - hopefully I can stick to it this time and make it a lifestyle!