DAY 1

Options
amlygo
amlygo Posts: 126 Member
30 Day Shred Level 1

I haven't done level 1 for a while and I was surprised that some things were still hard for me like push ups (but I don't think I can ever do them right!) and jumping jacks and jump rope together.

How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to get to it until tonight, but I am excited to get started. Does anyone want to suggest some add-on cardio movements for those that want to stretch the workout a bit longer than 20 minutes? Hope I am not jumping the gun...
  • krisjohnson121
    krisjohnson121 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been doing level 1 to add some strength training from home. My husband has (kinda...) started to work out with me and Jillian is one of the few videos he will do. It is quite entertaining. Anyway I have done level one 5 times and I still find it difficult!

I do not think I will ever do be able to do push ups - they kill me!!

I will say that I did the couch to 5K program and I saw a HUGE difference in my cardio endurance. If you are looking to add some extra cardio after Jillian I highly recommend it. I have never been a runner and yesterday I did the 5K on the treadmill in 38 minutes. So the cardio pieces are not too bad for my. The jump ropes kill my hamstrings but I think that is more from the running than anything else.

I have been doing extra cardio after the Jillian videos. I have noticed that after weight training I can still do a good cardio workout - I think it is because they are different exercised. Personally I find that strength before cardio works better for me...
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Done with day 1. The push ups are still tough for me and probably always will be.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don''t think I have much strentgh in my arms so moves like push ups and planks are tough for me.

I've added weights to some of the cardio circuits on this level too.
  • alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 and did a few burpees and mountain climbers to round out 30 minutes. Tired but invigorated. I used 10 pound weights and am not ashamed to say I'll drop down to 5 lbs next time. :)
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am so ashamed that I didn't get to do it yesterday :( I want to make it up so either later this week I will add the day on or I will do it during my rest day.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 yesterday too. Push ups are my nemesis. Going to increase my weights today on Day 2.