Two weeks in and 7 lbs off

Options
kimmydear
kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
My ticker only reflects a 2 lb loss because my weight has yo-yo'ed lately, but I'm 7 lbs down from my doc appointment two weeks ago! Excited! Not expecting a quick weight journey here, but I'm just thrilled it's moving in the right direction. After counting calories for 8 months and only losing 12 pounds (then gaining some of it back) I feel like this might work for me. I need to get more creative with the recipes though - meat has never been my favorite thing and I get really bored with it.

I'm open to friends! I'm not super interactive as I'm a mom at home with two part time jobs, but I love support and also peeking at others' diaries. It's so helpful for new ideas. Mine is open to friends as well.

Replies

• zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Feel free to add me as a friend. I love to peak into people's diaries too. Sometimes you can get some great ideas!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Personally, I suggest picking a random date 6 months or so prior to your "first weigh in" to include your heaviest weight, even if it isn't your oldest weight. That way it shows your ENTIRE progress. Just something that helps me....

Anyone here can shoot me a friend request. I'm at high end of keto carb levels, and actually tracking my diary again. so feel free to hit me up. Just include LC or Keto in your request. Thanks!

P.S. Most folks don't mine sharing recipes, too, if they have them that way in their diaries...
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!

There's nothing magic about LCHF, but it sure feels like it some days. I never thought I'd get over my addiction to food until I committed to this woe. I can finally eat food I enjoy and not feel the need to stuff myself to excess.

Please feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    That's great news OP and congratulations. I'm a keto lifer with an open diary so feel free to add me. Also, there is a group for LCHF recipe sharing that was just started a few days or a week ago:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112055-the-low-carb-high-fat-recipes-group
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! My diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me :) I actually follow the CArb Nite plan.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Hope is a very powerful thing. Read all you can and listen to your body! You'll totally get there.
    Congrats on your loss so far!

There's nothing magic about LCHF, but it sure feels like it some days. I never thought I'd get over my addiction to food until I committed to this woe. I can finally eat food I enjoy and not feel the need to stuff myself to excess.

This! Yes!

@ladipoet Thanks for that link!
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My diary is always up to date.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I added all of you who offered. I appreciate it!