Yoga recommendation....

Options
andylllI
andylllI Posts: 379 Member
Does anyone have a YouTube they like? I need some motivation/ help stretching my groin, posterior chain and t spine but I don't want a ton of annoying talking or fake spiritualism.

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I have barely done yoga and just go to classes but here is my observation so far. The instructor person will vary as far as talking and spiritualism is concerned. The one from last night talked more about lengthening the body and not worrying too much about being perfect or forcing the body into a pose, nothing really on the spiritualism. I would imagine youtube varies as well depending on who is creating the content.

Hatha seems to be an easier start, or that was what my siblings recommended since I'd never really done any yoga before. I don't do it at home cause not enough space with the three of us living in a two bedroom apartment (soon to be 4 for a little while with the one guy's boyfriend coming over) plus the 3 cats. So, I go to a studio right now. It's interesting so far.

I'm not of much help but there probably is something on youtube or the fitness blender site people post a lot about. I think there was a post in the fitness forum asking about youtube suggestions too for yoga not that long ago.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332221/need-some-yoga-suggestions-please#latest
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Yin yoga has some poses that you hold for minutes at a time and give pretty deep stretches. You could look for videos and turn off the sound if it's annoying once you know the poses.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i like yin. you just have to do the initial setup and then you can take a short nap. this one doesn't seem too infuriatingly floofy
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options