What are you cooking in your IP today? your crock pot?

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Hi i am new to these IP (instance Pot) Got one for Christmas and loving it.
today i am just cooking dump ends
can of ranch style beans Shredded cabbage, some chopped onions some garlic salt . can of Chile ready tomatoes added enough water to cover veggies. Set my timer for 7 minutes Trying to make a cabbage bean casserole for lunch. Most admit it smells good. and hope it is. Will let you knows
I am also new to a plant base diet. I am trying to follow Dr. John mcdougall stanch base plan
Doing pretty good so far.

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I made bean soup in my crockpot yesterday, I put navy beans, carrots, ham bone, potatoes, diced tomatoes, onions,garlic, celery salt, bay leave, water, chicken bouillion, cumin and alittle red pepper. I added some chopped ham towards the end of cooking. Not sure what I am cooking today maybe ranch pork chops. I love one pot wonders. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes me too Janice and hello Does sounds good.
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I ended up doing roast ,potatoes and carrots in crockpot today. I also made green beans and gravy. My husband liked it, sometimes he isnt real thrilled with roast. It was really good, sometimes it can dry out if cooked too long. Januce
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My plans for today is mash potatoes and gravy,corn and English peas
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    My first grader made chocolate banana pudding in a crock pot. Yesterday we made spaghetti sauce in one. I have mastered chicken and dumplings in one. Anything is possible with them. I have been known to roast turkey in them as well as legs of lamb or pot roast or prime rib. I have made corned beef and cabbage and beans and ham hocks as well as veggie beef soup. Crock pots are the bomb for my family. Especially during the final weeks of ballet rehearsals and the hubby is gone. They are life savers.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    http://newleafwellness.biz/2015/11/09/slow-cooker-zuppa-toscana-with-sweet-potatoes/

Janice I found this recipes and It sounded good / I will have to sub pinto beans for the sausage and the chicken broth for vegetable broth you might ; ihe recipes
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-Looks interesting, the pinto beans sound like a good substitute for sausage. Kale and sweet potatoes are both super foods. I seen a recipe for a black bean soup with vegetable broth and salsa in it, plus the black beans were canned, it was in my Allrecipe magazine. The magazine is out in my garage right now, so I cant remember the recipe, also it may have been cooked on the stove. I bought a bag of large lima beans( butterbeans) at grocery yesterday to cook later this week. Tonight we are having steak.
    Esther-I agree the crockpot is a lifesaver, I love to put in the food and walk away and not worry about it. I have been using them for years, mainly on dips and roast,before, but over the years I have widened my horizions, and doing different foods. I make a good creamy chicken ranch dish, I like alot. I have cooked homemade meatballs in sauce I made with crushed tomatoes that was good.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    janice was it you that used your crock pot to make chicken and dumplings? I would like to learn how to make for Jerry. His favorite dish.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    No it was Esther, I never have made them in crockpot. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    OH thank you Janice, I will
    see if Esther would mine sharing could you Esther?

marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I would love to share. My recipe is for a 6-8 qt pot. You can shrink to fit your family. Personally I make big batches and freeze the excess for a quick in a pinch dinner later.

1 whole chicken thawed. I usually put it on at breakfast on high. Cook chicken about 4 hours. Remove chicken. I use 1 small bunch of celery (the leafier the better). A whole onion. 6-8 carrots. A few hands full of fresh green beans. A couple cups of frozen peas. Sometimes I throw in frozen corn too. I'm not really big on salt so I only add 4 chicken bullion cubes. Then I add a teaspoon of basil, cilantro, sage, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, oregano, marjoram. 2 teaspoons of curry (for flavor not spice). A few dashes of black pepper. A few tablespoons of parsley. And however much fresh garlic you like. Let that cook on high at least 3 hours. I add the chicken bits that I picked off the bone a bit of corn starch and water as thickener and my bisquick dumplings. I make small dumplings because they only take about an hour to cook. The bigger ones take forever. This recipe also works for chicken soup. Just add noodles or rice instead of dumplings.

Esther
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had back problems this morning so I told Jerry what to put in the IP to make me a pot of soup / he did a pretty good job of it Thais is the mos useful appliance i own. So easy. I make a pot of soup 2 to 3 times a week.And everyone been delish. Even the one Jerry made today. It usually the same some kind of beans, onions, carrots potatoes which is a must. some kind of veggies or mixed veggies.and different spices.

Learning to used a cast iron skillet. now.

Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Yesterday I made beef stroganoff in mine. Today was taco meat. I browned the burger in the cast iron fry pan first. Then added seasoning and finished cooking in the crock pot. Tomorrow is pulled pork. Not sure what Thursday will be. Friday is a spaghetti feed fundraiser for the senior company at ballet so I am off the hook for cooking B)B)B) It is also a bake sale and desert auction. I have a few things to get made for that.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther you are a cooker Wow I am doing better since I have been using my IP I did used my slow cooker a lot. but the iP cooks my food much better. for me.
    Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    The pulled pork was delicious tonight. Not sure what to have tomorrow yet. Gotta talk it over with my other family. But I LOVE CROCK POTS!!!!!!

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I love my crock pot too? But you do have to plan ahead.My forgetful mind is not working too good now days. I am cooking some roasted sweet potatoes in my toaster oven to day.

Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    So we ballet girls decided on curried chicken and rice with green salad. I tossed a whole fryer chicken in last night on low for 12 hours. I think it's dead now. I'm going to add my spices milk and cornstarch to it to make the creamy gravy sauce. Then I will take the rice cooker to the school with me and cook the rice there. I honestly can't wait to eat dinner.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds good Esther.

Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    It was absolutely delicious Marie. In fact we had some left over. We had that tonight before the final ballet performance tonight. I even kept it warm for my parents to have some after church. They really enjoyed it too. And it is always better the next day.

Esther