Rosey's Middle Earth Journey

rkit03
rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
Mile 50:
Looking back, Rosey sees a Black Rider on the hilltop where the hobbits were camped last night. They move on, pushing through the bushes along side a deep banked-stream. When they reach a bank low enough, they cross the Stock-brook and enter a belt of trees.

Replies

• Lothlorien_Woods
    Lothlorien_Woods Posts: 58 Member
    Nice how you use your own wording! I am not well versed like that lol! 50 miles is a good milestone!! Keep it up! Do you by chance have ribbons in your hair?
  • rkit03
    edited February 2016
    Thanks! :smile: No ribbons though. (Adding edit:) I may wear some in future walks!
  • Lothlorien_Woods
    Sam likes thatbhos Rosie wears ribbons in her hair lol. See what I did there?
  • rkit03
    I do see! Good old Sam and Rosie Cotton!
  • rkit03
    Mile 53.1:
    The rainfall is light as the hobbits continue walking through the woods. Rosey marches along cheered by the boys boisterous singing. Smiling, she sings the chorus along with them. Next to her, Pippen suddenly asks, "shouldn't we be out of the trees by now? I think we're too far south."

Rosey looks around and sees only more trees, their branches and leaves occasionally dripping rainwater. She can't tell one direction from the other. "I don't know," she says uncertainly.

After a short discussion between Pippen and Merry who are more familiar with the location, the hobbits come to a quick decision to veer away from the southerly direction they were going.

"Don't worry," Merry says seeing Rosey's worried look, "I don't think we're that far off. We'll get clear of the trees soon. Let's go on for a bit and find a good spot for luncheon."

Rosey's tummy grumbles softly reminding her that it's well past noon. The hobbits pick up another merry tune and Rosey marches on in good spirits with the thought of the soon to be had meal.

=======================

Personal Note:
    At my rate, I think it's going to take me a good long while to get through this adventure! I'll probably just post at places that I can tell a little story and not each time I walk. :smile:
  • Lothlorien_Woods
    I love the stories, I wish I was creative and could write like that!! The journey is a go at tour own pace! Keep it up. You are doung well!