Question about training for a 15k and 10 miler

Options
KRPolo
KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while, and have had some trouble maintaining my running program through the last few weeks, but had a training question for all of you. I am adjusting to running on the treadmill, and have been running a 5k currently a few days a week. I last ran outside in mid-January while on a trip to Texas- it was beautiful so I was able to run outdoors along the Riverwalk three days straight and ran a solid 5 miles each day.

My question is if you think it is possible for me to be ready to run in a 15k by April 2, and the Broad Street Run (10 Miles) the first week in May? I am unable to run outside on a regular basis due to the current weather we are having, but am committed to becoming more comfortable on the treadmill until it warms up a bit. I would love your opinions, and whether you can recommend a training plan. I was doing the 5-10K app but didn't really like the walking intervals, so I have been just running.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Kristen

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted on the main thread, it does tend to be a single thread forum unless you point to it in the main thread. We are just lazy!! ;)