Wine

Hi, new to low carb but staying around 40 grams of carbs. I am registering low ketones on the strips. My question is does anyone else have a small wine or two if it is not going over your total net carbs? I like red and I have heard it is has health benefits.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I'm about 15 ounces into a bottle right now... lol
    Yeah...
    But anyway, I know there will be a slight setback. But as long as you are prepared for it, it's not a problem. I still stayed within my carb goal. But it doesn't much matter since the liver won't do anything besides deal with the alcohol until it's out of my system.
    I don't do it every weekend and I don't always have more than one glass either. I say as long as you don't let a slight setback get you down. Go for it. And it may not be a setback at all. If it's not, then that will be bonus!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I had 15 oz last weekend, didn't mess me up at all in terms of loss or keto. I did get my electrolytes all messed up and dehydrated myself. Normally 3 glasses wouldn't do that too me but your body acts different in keto. So drink extra water and keep your sodium up.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    It seems the super dry reds have the least carbs. I can honestly say all booze seems to slow loss for me. I have a friend though that low carbs and swears it helps. Its really seems to be YMMV issue.
  • kellyfitgirl2014
    kellyfitgirl2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you !