Keto-aid

Options
Can someone please post their recipe for keto-aid? I remember reading it in a post recently but can find it. Looked on the launch pad and not seeing it there either. Tia. I have been upping my salt in the form of adding more salt and drinking bouillon etc and drinking a lot of water, but I'm exercising too. So this am I wake up with a killer dehydration headache and so I drank 5oz of coconut water and a dash of NoSalt. Along with a lot of water that stays in me for all of 10 min. Maybe the ketoaid will help. My bp is around 130/90 so I don't think I'm under doing the salt. Just need to get the salt/potassium to water ratio correct. Yes I am taking a magnesium supp. Again, tia.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options

LC gatorade (water, Mio (or other 0-carb water flavoring), 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp NuSalt).

I hope that is what you are looking for
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LC gatorade (water, Mio (or other 0-carb water flavoring), 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp NuSalt).

I hope that is what you are looking for

Thank you...yes it is. About how much water? Is this for approx 8oz water?
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for the past week since I read about it and it's awesome! To me it tasted better than Gatorade. I put it in a 20oz bottle of water and it seems to be the perfect ratio for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ooh, thank you! I'll have to try this.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    It was 8-12oz.
    Depends if you don't mind the salty. I gulp water like a fish, so it's gone in less than 10sec. It just depends on how thirsty I am at the time. 8oz is darn salty. 12 is less.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I started doing this last week too. I use a quarter teaspoon of the lite salt, in a 16 oz bottle, it helps a ton. Much cheaper than powerade 0, and doesn't make me sick like drinking salt water did.
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    It was 8-12oz.
    Depends if you don't mind the salty. I gulp water like a fish, so it's gone in less than 10sec. It just depends on how thirsty I am at the time. 8oz is darn salty. 12 is less.

Thank you for clarifying - I got the power aid zero too just to cover all my bases.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I did that salt water flush once... I have never been able to bring myself to drink water with salt added since. It was a horrific experience :flushed:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I did that salt water flush once... I have never been able to bring myself to drink water with salt added since. It was a horrific experience :flushed:

Yeah I didn't realize that was a thing till after I did it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    It was 8-12oz.
    Depends if you don't mind thYoalty. I gulp water like a fish, so it's gone in less than 10sec. It just depends on how thirsty I am at the time. 8oz is darn salty. 12 is less.

Thank you for clarifying - I got the power aid zero too just to cover all my bases.

I like Powerade Zero. But it really doesn't have enough sodium or potassium. Ketoade has about 500mgish of each. Powerade has 375mg of sodium and 150 potassium in the huge 32oz one. It's less in the smaller sizes. Keep in mind we need 3,000 to 5,000 mg sodium total daily for this WOE and to try to hit 2,000 of potassium. So you have to buy and drink more Powerade. If that's what you prefer them that's OK. You don't have to make the ketoade as concentrated as I so. I'm busy and I don't like to sip things for along time, so I guzzle it. You could mix it in 16 or 20oz. All that means is that you have to drink more water.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I finally found this recipe after lots of scrolling! :)
    I finally bought Mio so I'm making this today. Hoping it helps. Also I hadn't realized until recently how relatively useless Powerade Zero is. ;) No sense buying more of that when this works just as well! I'm going to mix up a 32-oz batch to last me for a few days.