Swam myself out of a jacket

Options
NoelFigart1
NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
I have been tapped to be a project manager for a thing at work, and figured maybe I oughta step up my clothing game. Went shopping for a wool blazer. No biggie, right?

Well, if I find one that fits my shoulders, I'm swimming in it otherwise.

This did not used to be a problem. Dammit. Darn swimming.

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Winner. :D Physical Fitness Destroying Wardrobes one pound at a time.
    One of the young ladies in our local running club ( tiny Petit thing ) has swimmers shoulders and you don't realize it until you see her in the pool.
    Personally work and Running Club Races have been interfering with my Swimming Schedule in 2016 so I haven't got very pool days in.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Lol! You may need to start having your stuff tailored!
    Lol!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    That's kind of a cool problem to have. I think seeing upper body strength on women is really sexy, but I'm a woman working on my upper body, lol. I've never been a fan of skinny arms or pokey collar bones.
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You're just either going to have to get something custom made or tailored... or find something in stretch fabric. I'm pear shaped with a small waist and a big butt, so I'm always having to have my pants taken in at the waist. Everyone should be getting their stuff tailored anyways, very few things fit perfectly off the rack and a little tuck here and there can make such a huge difference. You could find a jacket with thick shoulder pads and have them removed or you might consider a jacket style with the upper part of the sleeve pleated like this: puff sleeved jacket
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    @mmmpork I do tailor any pants I get just like you. I used to be more pear-shaped than I am now!

I sew, but I was hoping to get out of it for a bit because of the big project. I did let out the shoulders a little bit on a jacket I am fond of (IF you sew, look up the Flounce about jacket. It's a great one if you like pockets!) and may make another one in that style-- redesigning the back a little to fit my new shape.
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @NoelFigart1 hooray for pears!! I'm not much of a sewer although I have sewn in the past. I keep wanting to get back into it... That jacket looks awesome! Well good luck to you and I look forward to having a similar problem in the future!!