Weight watchers vs Low carb

Options
2»

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I hear you, @Sunny_Bunny_ . I'm just glad my sister tipped me off that it wasn't normal so I did my own research and got on the right track and was able to reverse it. I also made sure to leave feedback with the practice after I left.

My other sister actually just told me today that her dr said her fasting blood sugar is 101. :( Since both parents and both grandmothers have Type II diabetes, it's apparently hard to avoid!

Sorry to hear you went through that @macchiatto. Well done for owning your health and researching.

My girlfriend had blood tests n told cholestorol a bit high. She went back 6 mths later (last week) to a new doctor for the followup blood tests. New Dr told my friend your cholestorol improved a bit, which is great. Then asked "Did the other doctor mention that you are pre-diabetic?"... "I can see that in both tests". Ummm errr NO....Angry!!!! Now my friend is trying to learn what to do and is already removing white carbs (a great start for someone from a rice n noodle cultural background). Information is so empowering.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I did WW back in the early nineties. I only remember hunger! I would always starve myself on the weigh in days, then when I left the next stop was usually for a Big Mac! I think I lost about 15 pounds in three months. I was just starving, thinking about the next food I got to eat all the time! I love the freedom from food that this woe has given me!!