While my baby sleeps, my journey to Rivendell begins.

Options
lainy1979
lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
I'm 4.3 miles into my journey from Bag End to Rivendell (achieved without even leaving the house!). Hoping to reach The Green Dragon by the end of the day. And so it begins...

Replies

• Lothlorien_Woods
    Lothlorien_Woods Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't usually leave the house either. About 10% of my 167 miles comes from pacing my living room, marching in place while watching tv, or stomping my feet vigourously while sitting on the couch watching tv. At first I felt a little like I was cheating because I am sitting, but according to my new HR tracker, my heart rate was 130 after finishing 2 hours of stompingy feet non stop and my new tracker tracks intensity minuets. I pace fastly and get 3 miles and hour pacing and I hardly get any intensity minuets, but stomping my feet vigourously even while sitting, seems to be a pretty intense work out lol and it seems to be my best way to get miles and a good work out because I watch a lot of tv in the evening with my hubby when the kids go to bed. He won't sit next to me on the couch anymorw because I shake the couch so much stomping my feet lol. It is like I am jumping my way through Middle Earth lol! Drink some ale for me!
  • lainy1979
    Options
    Another 2.7 miles and I'm at the Great East Road. Depending on my daughter's plans for the rest of the day I could make it to camp by bedtime. If not, will definitely get there tomorrow. Not so much of a hobbits pace more of a snail's pace but i'll get there, i'll cover some distance before the weekend
  • lainy1979
    Options
    Oooh I've just got The Hobbit on audiobook I can't wait to listen to it while I'm marching around my downstairs that should help with the motivation needed to press on :)
  • Lothlorien_Woods
    Options
    A very appropriate way to get your steps. I have all the Narnia books as radio dramas I need to listen to them and get my steps. I used to have the 26 episode bbc radio drama of Lord of the Rings but they got lost. I need to get that again and the Hobbit radio drama and Star Wars Teilogy radio drama.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nice! I need to try something on audio when I go out walking. :smile:
  • lainy1979
    Options
    I've made the final 4 miles and now I camp. Day 1 completed.

It amuses me that I've walked 11 miles over 3 days without even leaving the house. But, now I'm getting a bit of cabin fever so will be braving the cold wet weather and carrying onto Day 2's adventure outside of these 4 walls! Long walk planned tomorrow :)
  • lainy1979
    Options
    I'm going to use this post as my personal log. Thursday 18th February 4.2 miles.
  • Lothlorien_Woods
    Options
    Good job. I have been going stir crazy too, but the last 3 days it has been in the 70's so I let the kids play in the yard while I walk around the yard getting my steps, abd we have a pucnic lunch. Today we went to the park for a bday party and to a family center for Pirates and Mermaids day. I did 7 miles
  • lainy1979
    Options
    The last 2 days have been pretty sedentary. Plus my pedometer hasn't picked up the steps done on my weekly shopping trip which I have been informed was probably because I wasn't purposely striding... hard to do in a packed supermarket :/ but still, 1.8 miles further to my next goal :)
  • lainy1979
    Options
    Sunday 21st February, 2.5 miles. Only 3.5 miles to The Floating Log :)

• Lothlorien_Woods
    Options
    I when I go shopping or push a stroller I have to put my tracker in my boot.
  • lainy1979
    Options
    Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th February, a smidge under 18miles. I'm 7 miles away from Brandywine Bridge, will get there shortly :D