Pain in Kidneys

Options
I cannot find the search to see if there has been anything posted about this in the past.

Has anyone experience kidney pain on LCarb?

I am having pain in my back around the regon of my kidneys - both sides. It is not bone or muscle related feeling. When I move or stand up it seems to be stabbing. I have experienced this twice now in the last month. I have been low carb for 8 months now and ketosis woe for 6 months and lost 75lb. I dont know if it is coincidental, but the pain appears recently to be only after I have had more than 30g of carbs. 2 days ago I had cake at desert at a buffet.

I drink a lot of water normally - Im 302lbs ATM and drink about 2.5 litres or 10 cups of water a day. I have increased my water after feeling this pain thinking I need to flush my kidneys. I am not peeing more in view of the extra water.
I do suppliment magnesium, multivitatmin and iron. I salt my foods, and blood tests last week show my sodium and potassium are great.

I have made a Dr appointment for this morning just in case it is a kidney infection (dont know if this is what one of the symptoms is).

What has been others experience, and have you had kidney problems or infections - checking if it is maybe LCarb related so I can tweek further.

thanks
Sue

Replies

• WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've had a kidney infection but it was way before I found out what low carb was. My back really hurt and I ran a fever. Hope you get your answer in the morning and you start feeling better.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had kidney stones?
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thanks - just saw Doctor - not kidney stones - it is a UTI. No other symptoms except the saw kidneys - havnt had a UTI for 25 years - now for treatment.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks - just saw Doctor - not kidney stones - it is a UTI. No other symptoms except the saw kidneys - havnt had a UTI for 25 years - now for treatment.

Glad you found out what was going on! Hope you feel better soon!