Spreadsheet Suggestion

Options
katy84o
katy84o Posts: 744 Member
Could we add a spot for our overall goal weight? Or is there one and I'm just completely missing it?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    You mean final goal (opposed to monthly), right? I can add that in for March :)
  • katy84o
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes I mean final goal. My final goal is 130-135ish. That means I'm 80 or so pounds away from my goal. Since I plan on sticking around with this group for a while ( :smile: ) it would be neat to track my overall progress along while following monthly. And thanks for adding it!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. I agree that it would be nice to see our progress toward our final goals.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I put a new tab in the spreadsheet called "Changes for March". Feel free to add ideas in there :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I put a new tab in the spreadsheet called "Changes for March". Feel free to add ideas in there :)

So are these just ideas? There has been no definite changes yet?

Just going to put my two cents in either way.

I enjoy the daily calorie logging and would probably miss it as it gives me yet another reason to stay on track.

I like the overall weight loss goal addition.

Adding more slots for what? New people? That makes sense.

As far as exercise challenges are, it would depend on how they are set up. I actually like us just choosing how many active days we have and choosing what we do on those days. Will they be optional? I'm all for trying new stuff but at the same time, I already enjoy what I do and have my own routine, etc and I'm not sure it will fit well into a challenge and therefore I'm not sure how I feel about additional challenges. I like things simple.

• VeryKatie
    Options

So are these just ideas? There has been no definite changes yet?

Just going to put my two cents in either way.

I enjoy the daily calorie logging and would probably miss it as it gives me yet another reason to stay on track.

I like the overall weight loss goal addition.

Adding more slots for what? New people? That makes sense.

As far as exercise challenges are, it would depend on how they are set up. I actually like us just choosing how many active days we have and choosing what we do on those days. Will they be optional? I'm all for trying new stuff but at the same time, I already enjoy what I do and have my own routine, etc and I'm not sure it will fit well into a challenge and therefore I'm not sure how I feel about additional challenges. I like things simple.

Ok, I will leave daily calories, but move the weight logger up so its easier to find :) it is optional for people.

More slots for new people :)

The challenges would be optional too. I was thinking simpler things like "add 5-10 mins to your activity today". Nothing too specific.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options

Ok, I will leave daily calories, but move the weight logger up so its easier to find :) it is optional for people.

More slots for new people :)

The challenges would be optional too. I was thinking simpler things like "add 5-10 mins to your activity today". Nothing too specific.

All of this sounds good! Thank you! :)

• katy84o
    Options
    I like the changes you plan to make! If I think of any more I'll add to the spreadsheet!

I know you already said you were leaving the daily calorie log- but I wanted to add that I'm glad it's staying. One thing I really like about it, is being able to see one after the next how my days eb and flow. Versus here on mfp where I have to click backwards to see my caloric intake for the previous days. :)

• NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I definitely like seeing the calories each day. It's made me realize that I'm being a bit too strict during the week, even though I know things have been planned each weekend that I'm saving calories for.

Some other things for challenges might be to remind us that we are worth it: take a few minutes and meditate, pick one meal/snack that day and really sit down and focus on it to the exclusion of everything else, spend five or ten minutes painting your toenails, put on the outfit from your closet that you think makes you look the best right now and take a picture, write down your recent successes in any area.

I think it would be really great if a couple challenges were announced to be completed during the week. Some days for us are super busy so it would be nice to be able to plan around those days while still taking part.

Thanks so much for running the challenge Katie!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Great suggestions ladies :)

And I will be doing week 2 and 3 results at the same time, on Tuesday next week (apparently). Sorry I missed this last one. I went on a trip that weekend and then just forgot haha.