C10K, W7, D1

Options
d_thomas02
d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
Talked with Dee this morning. With yesterday's holiday, she was in 'Sunday' mode all day and has asked me to post Monday's workout since she is in meeting today.

I got this. ;)

This is where the rubber hits the road. Your body is finally realizing that you ARE serious about getting in shape and, reluctantly, it is starting to respond. Remember back in week one when a three minute jog was impossibly hard? Now look at you! Dreading a 25 minute jog. (Me too!) :D

Look at that again. A 25 minute jog! Awesome progress!!

W7, D1
Brisk 5-minute warm-up walk (remember to stretch!!!)
* Jog 25 minutes without walking
5-minute cool down walk

Good luck everyone.

David

Replies

• d_thomas02
    edited February 2016
    Options
    (Sunday's workout)

Didn't get my VO2max done Saturday so did it this morning. Sub-maximal VO2max test gave estimated 42.5 ml/kg/min, 0.9 higher than last time. Also see a drop in resting heart rate from 69 bpm to 65 bpm. Good non-scale improvements.

Beginning to suspect that estimated number is too high. Found that my local university offers VO2max and DEXA body composition test to the public. Will call Tuesday to get pricing.

F22 triad W4D1 complete.
    35 push-ups (with push-up bars),
    46 sit-ups,
    52 squats.

10K app W7D1 complete. (25 minute jog @ 5 mph)
    One extra sprints after 5 min walking recovery. (Stitch in right side again.)

TBH, I did straddle the treadmill halfway (12 min 30 seconds) for 15 to 30 seconds for a sip of water, and again with 6 minutes left on the run. I've found I can miss a step or have trouble swallowing if I try to drink while running.

FITBIT CHARGE HR STATS
    71 minutes total,
    63 active minutes,
    728 cals,
    5,769 steps,
    3.62 miles.

3 minutes in peak zone (>160 bpm, peak HR 166 bpm),
    28 minutes in cardio zone (130 - 160),
    34 minutes in fat burn zone (95 - 130),
    and the rest out of zone (<95 bpm).
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Forgot my quote for the workout.

"Everything is hard before it is easy."
    Goethe
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Talked with Dee this morning. With yesterday's holiday, she was in 'Sunday' mode all day and has asked me to post Monday's workout since she is in meeting today.

I got this. ;)

This is where the rubber hits the road. Your body is finally realizing that you ARE serious about getting in shape and, reluctantly, it is starting to respond. Remember back in week one when a three minute jog was impossibly hard? Now look at you! Dreading a 25 minute jog. (Me too!) :D

Look at that again. A 25 minute jog! Awesome progress!!

W7, D1
    Brisk 5-minute warm-up walk (remember to stretch!!!)
    * Jog 25 minutes without walking
    5-minute cool down walk

Good luck everyone.

David

Thank you, David!!!