October 2016?

Options

Replies

• mcfattest
    mcfattest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    congrats on your son @djlebreton. I've got 2 boys and would love a little girl. I'll find out next week.

@bettmags83...that probably wasn't a true 8lb gain. You're likely bloated from resort food and I know that I'm not getting too worried about weighing since I only go to the potty like 3 times a week....I know TMI...but for real. I've got a nonstop watermelon eating thing going on right now. Maybe try that?[/quote

Watermelon is the key to keep things moving! At leas for me. I can eat a large one a day lol. It is my biggest craving too so that helps. Beware, so you do not get into overdrive
  • OceanicMelody73
    OceanicMelody73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the group but I'm due October 24th :smiley:
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group!! I'm due Oct 28th with my third, a boy.
    How have you been feeling during your pregnancy?
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Oh man...

It was so hot today - 95 degrees. And I only ate like 1600ish calories. I wasn't hungry and I stayrd hydrated... but long term I'm worried about this. Anyone else having zero appetite in this heat?
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Oh man...

It was so hot today - 95 degrees. And I only ate like 1600ish calories. I wasn't hungry and I stayrd hydrated... but long term I'm worried about this. Anyone else having zero appetite in this heat?

Yes it's been hot here too. I haven't wanted to eat large meals and lots of salads cause I don't want to turn on my stove or oven.
    As long as you stay hydrated (which you are) then you will be fine :smiley:
  • OceanicMelody73
    OceanicMelody73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    djlebreton wrote: »

I'm having my first child, a little girl :smile: I've been feeling alright, how've you been?
  • djlebreton
    Options
    djlebreton wrote: »

I'm having my first child, a little girl :smile: I've been feeling alright, how've you been?

Congrats on the little girl!! I have two girls now. Definitely a lot of fun. Lots of drama lol. I'm hoping a boy will be less dramatic lol.
    I'm feeling good. Been walking lots and it's nice to stay active.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    Hey gals! How's it going? 24+3 and I had my first full blown hormonal meltdown last night. DH tried to help me put away the groceries, and I didn't let him. So he went and folded the laundry.

Cue the water works. Complete with snot bubbles.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I did a tour of the hospital today. Is it odd that I'm really looking forward to checking in, checking out, and being done already? It's getting real, but not real enough yet, time is really dragging now.
    How's everyone doing?
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    I have said that time has never sped by so slowly before recently lol. I keep trying to slow myself down when I'm impatient or uncomfortable and remind myself this is my last baby! It doesn't need to go so fast. I'm over being pregnant though. 11 weeks!

I had an appt yesterday. Up 12lbs, which is more than I would have liked, but we moved over the weekend so pizza, fast food, breakfast out etc I'm sure contributed to that. I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule so doc wants another US to check her size. I'm not worried - at my 10 week appt, she mentioned I felt more like 13-14 weeks, and baby measured 2 days off of her due date. At 14 weeks, I was 3 days off. 20 weeks, I was measuring 3 weeks fast, and she was 2 days off, always on the smaller end. But I'm glad for another opportunity to see Lil'Bit, who has tentatively been named Emilia.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Getting close!
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm due 10/7 & it's getting SO CLOSE. Only 3.5 weeks until her due date & 2.5 weeks left of work (really hoping for a few days at home before her arrival for some long-overdue nesting that I just don't have the energy for on weekdays). Although a work acquaintance who is a L&D Nurse looked at me this morning & goes "Wow...your belly has *really* changed shape this past week. She's really working her way down into position, how much time do you have left again?" When I told her 3.5 weeks, she gave me the most skeptical look I've ever seen in my life. Hopefully her instinct is wrong on that one. lol

My weight seems to have mostly stabilized to about 15'ish# above my pre-preg wait (starting off overweight), but baby girl is still measuring right on track...so I'm happy with that 15# number. We had a growth/position ultrasound done last week (36w), & she's a perfect "medium sized" baby by all accounts. Medium-sized sounds good for that whole "labor" thing I keep hearing about :smile: .

The nursery is done, the clothes are washed, & the hospital bags are *mostly* packed...so if she does decide to make a grand entrance early, then we mainly just have to figure out how to work the car seat :smiley: .
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5 and half weeks out, weight gain is 21lb so far and hoping it'll stay below 30lb but I haven't been able to eat healthy for the whole pregnancy due to extreme sickness and nausea so I eat what I can and its usually fatty carbs.

Had my midwife appointment on Tuesday and the wheels are in motion for a home birth. Equipment is getting delivered in 2 weeks just hoping baby goes head down by my 36 week appointment or I'll be looking at a c-section.

Bought the last of my stuff for the hospital bag yesterday so time to start washing and packing just in case.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm also due Oct 7th. Had a little scare this week, twice my vision got blurry with flashing lights. My BP and urine came up normal but as a precaution they had me do 24 hr urine collection, 2 rounds of bloodwork, and the NST just to be on the safe side. All that came up normal as far as pre-eclampsia goes and baby is doing great, but my immune system was up a bit so after I passed a strep throat culture they think I probably just caught a little bug but to keep a close eye on my symptoms.
    I feel fine now, but was surprised and a bit relieved they insisted on going to such lengths to try to investigate and esp to rule out preeclampsia.

Unfortunately I'm up almost 55 lbs. But I think I've finally come to terms with my weight gain, especially now that I don't have time left to gain much more. We'll see if I will keep it under 60, lol. I'm still keeping active every day.

Everything is about ready for baby and family visitors. Spent almost my whole pregnancy tearing my hair out worrying I wouldn't get done what all needed to be done, but everything is now falling into place, I'm at the fun part now where I'm just adding finishing touches and making everything pretty. Finally feeling some relief.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am almost 35 weeks due Oct 28th. Can't believe there's only 5 weeks left. It feels as though time has just flown by.
    Everything has been going good. Feeling very exhausted some days and sleeping during the day when my 3 year old sleeps. Still walking and staying as active as possible. This baby is super active all the time so my insides feel just beat to death lol. But it's exciting :smiley:
    I'm pretty much ready for this little guys arrival. A few minor things to do but nothing big.
    Hope all you ladies are doing well and feeling okay.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    35+4 here. For us, my entire pregnancy my uterus was measuring +3 weeks ahead of due date. At 30 weeks, just to be safe, Doc ordered a fetal growth US, even though every other look we have had at her has put her at -2days from due date. Every time. That showed, again, -2 days and a baby that is comfortably in the 42nd percentile all around. However, it did also show that for some unexplained reason, she had very prominent kidneys (95th percentile). No other indication of anything wrong - none of her other organs were enlarged, and she had smack in the middle amniotic fluid levels. The perinatologist told me he wasn't even going to say anything because it's most likely nothing, but my big medical mouth noticed that the tech was taking a lot of kidney pictures. I've talked to her pediatrician, who I work with, and she isn't worried, but we DO get another look at her next Monday. I'm starting to not want to, I feel like the more we look at this kid, we're gonna find something eventually.

When I was checked at my last visit, I told my doc I don't want to know. With my first two, I stayed at 1.5 or 2 for 3-4 weeks respectively, and every time I was devastated that I had made no progress. So, I asked her to keep it to herself, which she did but she exclaimed "OH SHE IS HEAD DOWN", like she was not expecting the position she was in, so I'm wondering if we will make it much longer. Better start eating my dates!

My weight is up 20 exactly, and I'm just hoping to maintain this for the last few weeks.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    e6h2weyy5qnf.jpg

We got our last look at Lil'Bit yesterday. I was so surprised that we were able to get such a clear view of her at 36 weeks. This is the best 3d pic we have gotten the entire time. She is head down, and facing my side. Approximately 5lbs 10oz (the tech said its +/- .5lb at this point), the perinatologist said her kidneys looked perfect this time!

Final countdown, I'm holding strong at +20lbs.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Hello all.
    I'm currently 35+3 and as of my appt a few days ago we think our little guy is still breech. We have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday to take a look. I've been doing everything I can to hopefully get him to flip otherwise my natural home birth is out the window as I will be opting for an elective c section (not fun).
    Fingers crossed for baby to turn around soon :smile:
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you djlebreton, this little one was laying across my belly transverse until Saturday teatime and was rocking on my birthing ball and she went head down and has stayed head down since and I'm 36 weeks today.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Thanks. That gives me hope that he will turn around. I guess I still have another month till his due date so there's still time :smile: