Another month away from Swimming starts Friday

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
Heading to that bastion of freedom known as China on Friday for another month long trip.
I'll be limited to walking and stair climbing for exercise for the month. Also bringing my resistance band set so I can at least do something to keep my upper body swim muscles in shape.
As usual about 1/3 of my luggage weight will be food. Combat protein powder, protein bars, nuts, and of course, COFFEE.
I have VPN service so I can still check in from there.
Maybe I'll get lucky and someone that actually give a 5#it will ask me how they can improve their swimming pools. Ha!

Replies

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your upcoming dry time. Sounds like you have a good plan, though.

I've turned down some work related travel in the last year primarily because it would take me away from "my" pool.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Oh gutzy, no!!!! I thought these trips were drawing to a close? I'll try to swim an extra lap for you (or more, time permitting!!) Hang in there. At least you know that it doesn't take your body long to readapt to the water!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Feel for you Gutzy. If I am Benched ( swimming/running ) for that long I would be a very Grumpy Gus. For a culture that claims to be worldly they seem to have a lot of challenges.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol!
    Enjoy the trip though! If you look hard enough, you will find something to really enjoy out there!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    At least it is not raining so I can walk.
    Have to ease back into it. Jab not walked or hiked since my last China trip.
    Doing some stair climbing after lunch too.
    But the ignorance of smokers is universal regardless location. They smoke in the hallway if the office building and the stairwell. It sinks bad. And they smoke right in front if the no smoking signs.

Still working toward finding a new job that doesn't income travel.
    But I'm still not ready to move back to the Northeast US. Too expensive up there.

• fishgutzy
    Options
    10 days left and counting.
    Had to deal with a more severe pollen allergy reaction this week. Flowering trees blooming that I'm not exposed to in the US. Made it feel like I was having a asthma episode for a few days. Finally passing.
    Walking when the weather is good. But even with the shoes I wear, my feet are telling me that the doctors were correct about not walking a lot for exercise.
    Looking forward to that first swim after I get back.