Just started a 17:7 intermittent fast with a ketogenic diet

Options
PPumpItUp
PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
Like the title says I just stared a 17:7 intermittent fast with a ketogenic diet. I have been intermittent fasting for a couple weeks and feel great on it. Lets see how the ketogenic diet comes into play. Is anyone else keeping their carbs that low?

Replies

• leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes, I try to stay under 20 gm net carbs or as low as I can. I find keto really helps with hunger and cravings during IF. I have been doing IF for about 3 weeks and I find the hunger comes and goes but doesn't make me miserable at all. Also, I know that I can have a really satisfying lunch full of fat and protein and veggies for lunch and will be satisfied until dinner....not to mention, when you are only having to meals, you meals get to be large and I have figured out the frequents meals method of dieting never worked for me because I just like to eat a lot of food at one time. LOL
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for pretty much the same reason you are. If I have the freedom to eat all day I graze and I always go over my desired calories, with IF and keto it's hard to eat 2600 calories of fat and protein in 6-7 hours. I'm so stuffed I don't even care anymore about snacking in the middle of the night and when I am awake I have the willpower to hold off until lunch.