Photobombing! Progress pics (ahem - lots!!) Share yours too!

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Only 11 pounds down net, but I've gained and lost inches in the right places in the last 7 weeks. I guess that jersey will be the official jersey of my progress.

mbmtvkoslm8r.jpgy8hgxyvp906s.jpg

Only 11lbs? Wow. You are doing it right!
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)

BTW, I live in Alberta... Is that the eastern Rockies behind you in the picture? It looks local.
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That's outside of Crested Butte, Colorado on the 401 Trail.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Where is @Panda_Poptarts these days anyway?
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome thread. Thanks OP and all pic sharers. So inspiring!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!! Thank you everyone for sharing!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    7pgjgc2ee9ng.jpg
    6iojddwm2z20.jpg
    I posted this progress pic already but maybe on the wrong thread. I had already lost about 10 lbs in my before picture. The in progress picture is from the end of July (about 6 months between the two pictures). I'm happy with the progress I've made so far and now I'm working on building up muscle and definition.

Dude! That's awesome!!!!!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Screw it, why not.

It's like you scooped off the fat and found a shape underneath! Get it man!!

Hah, yes there was a human shape buried in there somewhere. It just took me 20 years to get around to finding it.

@Gallowmere1984 - I swear, I think it takes us 20 some odd years to wake and realize that we need to fight for ourselves!!! I know it sure took me too long. I finally started fighting back somewhere between 2007-2011, consistently in the game since 2012. Your results are impressive!!

@Panda_Poptarts - I swear, for women like you and me (I think, personally), the inflammation and such makes us have such drastic differences in the face!!

o8okqrer7oby.jpg

This picture is a 10 year difference - I'm younger in the SECOND picture...but to me, I look younger in the new picture, at ten years older (40 instead of 30) by far. And probably within 25 pounds of the same weight!!

ccmjt2mmofw6.jpg

These pictures are roughly the same weight, July 2016 to May 2012...

2yliay98nuq9.jpg

I don't know that this is technically my heaviest, but it is the picture I use as my "starter." Its's from roughly 2008...heaviest recorded weight was 2009... The other is the same picture from 7/12/16, the day before my 40th birthday.

You are soo pretty!! You look just like my mom when she was younger!! Beautiful!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    You are soo pretty!! You look just like my mom when she was younger!! Beautiful!

@KetoLady86 - Well, thank you. I don't generally think of myself as "pretty," though it's a work in progress. And I'm 40, so I don't know that it qualifies as younger, exactly, though from your handle, I'd guess you're 30 yourself, or will be... LOL So your mom would likely be 50-ish...so I guess I'm a tiny bit younger.

Anyway, to stop equivocating. Thank you. I appreciate it.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Im 30, you look half your age Ms.Thang!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @KetoLady86 - Again, thanks. I definitely feel my age most days (being morbidly obese for over 2 decades is HADES on the body), but sometimes I don't feel/look it. I joke with folks about it sometimes. I guess not liking/wearing makeup, being sun sensitive for years upon years, and never smoking/etc. leaves the skin looking younger? I have good genetics, too. My "partially-Greek born in the Ukraine" grandmother never had to wear foundation/powder, though she thought she did...at least for pictures and such.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss. LOL. You're young. My step daughter and son in law turned 40 this year. Kids in my mind. :)
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Dude! That's awesome!!!!!

Thanks! I've worked pretty hard to get this far. This WOE sure has made it easier. I'm not starving all the time, which is great! After seeing others talking about the calories they eat I was a little worried that I was eating to much, but I've maintained at my goal weight for a little over 2 months now so I guess I'm doing fine. Listening to advice on here has helped. "Feed your body when it's asking and don't worry so much about the calories", etc. This forum has been so excellent!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss , you ARE pretty, and shouldn't think of yourself in any other way! That's more of the kindness we should give ourselves! We feel, and show, others this kindness, and we deserve to show it to ourselves too! We all should! But, yes, you are pretty!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @kimmorrow30 Wow!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @kimmorrow30 - Agreed! That's some phenomenal progress!

@Karlottap - Yes, ma'am... I will work on that...