Replies

• randomventures
    randomventures Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a
  • randomventures
    randomventures Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Doh post got cut off. I was saying I have a sad face reading these posts, I love avocado but my stomach doesn't, maybe I wasn't designed to eat LCHF!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Chop them up and put some in your tuna, or chicken, salad! Yummy! :yum:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @mormas I have not tried the pud nor mousse but they sound yum. For example: .http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/10/15/avocado-chocolate-mousse-vegan-healthy/
    Love to hear if someone has a fave. I'd like to make one.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is the current iteration of my favorite.
    2 Avocados (mashed)
    6 tbsp Baking Cocoa
    0.50 cup, Almond Milk, Unsweetened
    2 tbsp Peanut Butter
    4 tbsp Sour Cream
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Sweetener to taste (I use liquid sucralose- at least 2 tbsp sugar-equivalent)

Using a blender or hand mixer, you can mix all ingredients together at once.
    If you are doing it by hand, mash avocado first. Add all ingredients and mix, excluding almond milk. Then, add the almond milk, blending it in a few tbsp at a time.
  • celticdawn
    celticdawn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can get them frozen and de frost as needed my daughter gets through loads of then x
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    celticdawn wrote: »
    You can get them frozen and de frost as needed my daughter gets through loads of then x

Oh, where have you seen them, I'm gonna have to go a ' hunting
  • celticdawn
    celticdawn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There in tesco Hun x
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    This is the current iteration of my favorite.
    2 Avocados (mashed)
    6 tbsp Baking Cocoa
    0.50 cup, Almond Milk, Unsweetened
    2 tbsp Peanut Butter
    4 tbsp Sour Cream
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Sweetener to taste (I use liquid sucralose- at least 2 tbsp sugar-equivalent)

Using a blender or hand mixer, you can mix all ingredients together at once.
    If you are doing it by hand, mash avocado first. Add all ingredients and mix, excluding almond milk. Then, add the almond milk, blending it in a few tbsp at a time.

Thanks!!
  • ogo1016
    ogo1016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to mix some tuna fish with mayo and some of the scooped out avocado. Then put the tuna mixture back into the avocado and enjoy!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    So, I got to thinking about something...
    I have always heard that using lime or lemon juice in guacamole would keep it from browning. It didn't seem to actually help in my experience though. I probably wasn't using enough though.
    I also recently read that restaurants add ascorbic acid (vitamin C) to theirs to keep it fresh.
    So, with the connection being vitamin C, I thought I should sprinkle some on the cut side of the half I'm storing. But that would mean I have to cut off some or wash it off maybe and I don't want it to affect the flavor at all.
    Same with using lemon juice, which I don't typically just have handy or onions, which I never have cuz I don't like them. I don't want my avocado to taste like any of those things.
    So I was wondering if I put a vitamin C tablet in a baggie with it, it that would be enough to reduce the browning.
    Well, I tried it. I stored this one in the fridge for over 24 hours.
    98h052orz97m.jpeg
    gfyd6tvd7v7s.jpeg

No browning at all! I didn't have to cut off any and I didn't have to cut and squeeze a lemon or onion or have anything affect the flavor.
    I will just use the tablet again on my next one too.
    Just thought I'd share cuz this was just too easy and convenient!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    BRILLIANT!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    2a5gwe4b1f5v.jpeg

I buy mine firm and use them when they get a little soft! It can be a narrow window. lol

LOL, exactly!! :)
    I love avocado.
    Love the lemon juice tip.
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Genius. Thank you for sharing your vitamin C experiment and results.
    I to was a little concerned about a citrus / onion tang.

Just checked out my local supermarkets webpage following a tip from @celticdawn and have placed an order for some frozen avocado to try.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ great experiment. Love the result. Thxs for tip!!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C tablet is genius, Sunny Bunny! But I still prefer my method--no leftovers! And my two youngest kiddos like my method too, apparently, because they ate some of my avocado last night... which is a sadface and a happyface moment at the same time. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Vitamin C tablet is genius, Sunny Bunny! But I still prefer my method--no leftovers! And my two youngest kiddos like my method too, apparently, because they ate some of my avocado last night... which is a sadface and a happyface moment at the same time. :)

Lol
    Yeah, I don't often have leftovers either. Typically just when I'm adding it to something else. Otherwise I'm just eating the whole thing!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I always eat the whole thing, but when I make G
    uac..it still browns when I store it...so I am loving the vitamin C idea! Thanks!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I just wanted to add that it wasn't a fluke either. I've done it again twice now and both times I had a beautiful green avocado waiting for me!