Cheese?

Options
ryansmommie68
ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
How much cheese can you have a day? Does it count as a fat or protein? I thought I read about it somewhere but now I can't seem to find it!

Thanks!:wink:

Replies

• PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's in the 'vegetarian guidelines', here: http://www.medifastmedia.com/shared/docs/vegetarian_guide.pdf

If you're combining cheese with your regular protein, you'll need to make the proper adjustments, of course.

For some people, cheese is a 'trigger' food, meaning that it will make them hungry, or they find it very hard to only eat a prescribed amount of it.

I *can* limit myself.....but I do love cheese, so I'm better off if I resist. :-) (Sometimes I will have a (regular) babybel cheese, if I'm 'starving', as a snack - it's not technically on-plan, but while it adds some calories, it doesn't add any carbs, and that's what I watch most closely. The laughing cow 'lite' variety has a carb or two! So I'd rather avoid that. And I try not to do it often. The fact that it's a limited portion.....and kind of expensive for that portion, tends to help me keep it as an *occasional* treat!)