Help with lunch

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I didn't bring anything for lunch we are out of groceries at home. I have several places around me to get food. Includes, Wendys, Hardees, McDonalds, Arby's, Taco Bell
Which one should I choose and what should I get? Oh or Jimmy Johns as well?

Replies

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Most sub places will make a salad out of any sub on the menu. Otherwise, I would prefer to get burgers or grilled chicken from Wendy's or mcdonalds and throw away the buns. Also the chili at Wendy's might be an option depending on how many carb you allow.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Nevermind I figured it out. I'm going to Jimmy Johns and getting this:Genoa salami, capicola, provolone, lettuce, & vinaigrette. ...with mayo added and a giant dill pickle
    Serving Size 220.1 g
    Calories 509 --
    Total Fat 47.8 g --
    Saturated Fat 13.3 g --
    Cholesterol 79 mg --
    Sodium 1134 mg --
    Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g --
    Dietary Fiber 0 g --
    Protein 19.4 g
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I didn't bring any lunch today either because my avocado wasn't ripe.
    I keep tea bags and butter at work, so I'm fasting bulletproof style today instead even though my colleagues got pizza.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    It actually only ended up being 349 calories because I forgot the mayo. So now I'm enjoying my big ol pickle!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm going to Wendys (I eat out a lot this week I've noticed) with my sister and nephew. So I'm having a son of a baconator minus the bun and a Cesar salad with no croutons
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's has the Unwich that's the sub wrapped in romaine lettuce instead of bread! Yum!

I think I mentioned this on another thread, but always order your burgers without the bun. When you order it thinking you'll just throw away the bun it has the cheese stuck to it :open_mouth: They will put it in a bowl, or tray, and you can eat it with a fork.

At Hardees/Carls Jr. they have the low carb burger (any burger you choose) wrapped in big iceberg lettuce leaves and is my favorite!

Don't be afraid to ask for your food the way you want it. You never know! You could plant a seed anywhere, that makes others just think about it!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    So, here's a win when going out to eat.

At the greasy coffee shop near work, I would occasionally order a grilled chicken sandwich w/out the bun. I would get a partial chicken breast (trimmed down to bun size) with a tomato, lettuce, and a slice of onion. I would load it up with mayo. It was $5.50.

Last week, I decided to just ask if I could just get the grilled chicken breast with cheese on it. Just the breast, no sandwich. And sure enough. I got a full chicken breast and an ounce of cheddar cheese. For only $2.39. Yes, that's right. I eliminated the bun, tomato, lettuce, and onion and added cheese. And saved over $2.50. I tried it 3 times and it's been the same every time. Wasn't a mis-charge the first time. So, I load that up with mayo and hot sauce and enjoy!

All that to say - don't be afraid to ask for something changed from the menu. I know 5 Guys and Culvers are great with no buns. I think others are as well. Just ask!