Meat fat bombs!

Options
lithezebra
lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
I don't know what to call it, but I just made the most delicious thing with the soggy, greasy connective tissue and fat I cut out of a pork shoulder that's going in stew. I threw it in a single layer on a baking sheet and roasted it until it was crispy and delicious. It's like pork rinds, only richer and meatier! (You guys are the only people on this site who are likely to appreciate my meaty fat bombs).

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I made some delicious pork crackling a few nights ago when I slow roasted some pork belly. I don't know what's better, the crunch pig skin or the soft melty fat underneath.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Yum!!

Favorite breakfast:
    - 1/2 lb grassfed beef patty
    - 2 slices bacon
    - 1-2 oz cheddar

It's usually around 50g of fat. Good start to the day! Lol
  • lithezebra
    Options
    Bacon cheeseburger for breakfast = yum! Same for roasted pork belly. I had fried pork belly at a Thai restaurant in the Washington DC area, and would love to recreate that recipe.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    @lithezebra that sounds delish!

• all4koi
    all4koi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds NOMMY!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes! Nom, nom, nom!! :tongue:
  • lithezebra
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm researching chicken liver pate recipes for my next fat bomb. (I know that organ meats are nutritious, but it takes a lot of fat to get me to eat them).

Here's one made with butter: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-liver-pate-march-2007
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Will have to try them.