A question for you!

Options
Hello! I'm kinda new here (or just inactive for the past 3 years, haha)
I'm 5 foot 6 and 150, and I want to be back at my normal 150! I've had a lot of changes (jobs, cities, etc.) this year and it's tripped my health game up, but I want to start taking weight loss seriously so I can get back to a healthy place.

What tools/workouts/eating plans have you found to be most effective? How can I use MyFitnessPal to its full potential?

I'd love to connect with some of you for accountability!

Replies

• katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on taking the first step!

I've been using MFP for about a year and a half now, and I've dabbled in a lot of different things depending on my circumstances at that time. Best advice I can give based on my experiences:
    1) Don't eat too little. MFP sometimes underestimates your calorie intake depending on what you tell it your goals are, and while it might work in the beginning, it won't work for long. Get some advice from a few TDEE calculators around the web and set your own nutrition goals.
    2) Do weights and cardio, not just cardio. The muscle might weigh more and maybe fill you out differently, but in the long run it's much better for you.
    3) Look at your micronutrients, not just macros. I see a lot of people who focus on eating "high protein" or "low carb" or whatever, but who end up getting not enough fibre, too much sugar, or too much saturated fat. Use all the information you're given.

That's all for now. Happy to be an accountability buddy if you need one :)