The incident with the coconut oil...

I'm well used to low carb, and having the odd teaspoon of coconut oil as a filler when I don't have time for food, or I just need a fat boost. However, it had been a while since I'd had any before today. Was rushing around getting ready to walk my son to school, had a coffee and a teaspoon of oil about 7am, we were out the door at 7:50am.

Enter in a massive stomach ache about 1/3 of the way there, another 10 minutes to get to a place with a public toilet, me sweating like hell trying to squeeze my bum together, thinking I'd gone into premature labour it was that painful (I'm 17 weeks pregnant). Ended up 2kg/4lbs lighter once I finally got him to school and me home!

Lesson learnt...ease into the coconut oil :-/ though at least I have a semi-amusing story for my other half when he comes home today! Would it have been the oil? I do recall it helped me stay regular in the past but I don't think it's ever given me stomach pain etc before.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    You also pretty much put yourself through a coconut oil cleanse. Lol
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    LOL. Oh no! :D It does sound like it was probably the coconut oil... That is why I ever worry about fibre anymore. ;). Maybe your pregnancy contributed somehow?

Congratulations. :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Oh goodness!
    Sorry!
    But yes, maybe pregnancy did have something to do with being more sensitive to its effects?
    And yes, congratulations! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Oh my! Coconut oil definitely got you!! Start very slowly!!

You gave me a good chuckle this morning though! Lol!! (Sorry, only those who have experienced the same can truly appreciate this!)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    you wouldn't think a teaspoon of oil would do that though?! Maybe you have a mild bug?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    If coffee was also a new thing, that also has an effect in itself. So the combo with such a small amount of CO would be less surprising.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I wish coconut oil did this to me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I wish coconut oil did this to me.

try combining it with vinegar. It's rather explosive, reminiscent of the volcano experiment from school....

I know it doesn't work for everyone the same, but lemme tell you, it is not awesome.
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Definitely was the oil - I repeated the experience, being the idiot I am, haha. Probably oil + coffee + having eaten nothing for ages.