Weight Loss but look bigger..that really silly?

Options
lk12free
lk12free Posts: 1 Member
Hi , i've lost around 10 stone so far which went on due to hormone difficulties.

Was around 11.7 stone, but now 10.7 stone..which i'm happy about

I still keeping active with yoga and road running etc but haven't been to the gym as much but...and have come down a size too...

Thing is it's just, went out to a 80's night the other night, and photo's ...and i'm sure i look a size 18-20 in some of them, as my arms look much bigger and my back (obviously had been slouching) look like a super obese person once again! But i don't know how this can be? It's just made me little self conscious about appearance when i had been getting over that...

I am a comfortable size 10 usually

Replies

• mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happen in photos sometimes. The camera can always make you look a bit heavier than you really are. Then add in the incorrect angles and really, really bad lighting, and your mind will play tricks on what you are really seeing.

Do you have other pictures you can compare to?

That said, when I got dressed this morning, my jeans were fitting perfectly. By noon I was spilling out of them and retaining water like a sponge. I have no idea why either. Maybe the same thing happens to you too?

The good news is that it is usually short lived. Keep going @lk12free ... you are moving in the right direction, even if the photos aren't showing it yet.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Pictures can be evil. I have one picture of me that I won't even let anyone see because I look really pregnant in it....and I totally wasn't. Makes you start doubting what the mirror shows.