Love Your Health: Feb Challenge-Week 4 (2/22-2/29)

Options

Replies

• reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    FEB 24

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 219.8 (Feb 1)
    CW: 211.4
    GW for February: 215
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 30: yes
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options

FEB 22

SW: 187 (5.1.2015)
    CW: 148.0
    GW 125
    Calories: check
    Carbs: check
    Sleep: Thunderstorms woke me up. I ate 3 pieces of bacon at 3am and went back to sleep readily. So tired.
    Exercise: More excuses, excuses.. Got grocery shopping done tho.

Knee still hurts. I will look into Polysporin, thanks for the tip! At this point, I should just keep it clean and leave it alone. It's just a mess at this point. I will spare everyone the photos. LOL.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    FEB 22

SW: 187 (5.1.2015)
    CW: 148.0
    GW 125
    Calories: check
    Carbs: check
    Sleep: Thunderstorms woke me up. I ate 3 pieces of bacon at 3am and went back to sleep readily. So tired.
    Exercise: More excuses, excuses.. Got grocery shopping done tho.

Knee still hurts. I will look into Polysporin, thanks for the tip! At this point, I should just keep it clean and leave it alone. It's just a mess at this point. I will spare everyone the photos. LOL.

@slimzandra Just as a random side note, Polysporin was what my grandfather used - and he was a late in life diagnosed T2D....for whatever reason it worked better with his system too, and I'm sure the Neomycin sensitivity probably came from that side, too. I'm weird in that I'm not allergic to latex or anything, but to the adhesive stuff - I'll get a worse rash from the sticky part of the bandaid than from whatever it's protecting!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    More evidence that the scale is a Lying LiarPants.

Me at 152 (left pic) vs. Me-Now at 154 (right pic)

c0989f7e47dd50cbe991adab0e22afd5b15e.jpgc098635ac89db9ab5f2646057509b7a87ce7.jpg
    c098c4e0c1e5a087681a62e8f14f5d388fff.jpgc098fdc16df5253ccbd8bf8d1f6fc004603a.jpg

I know it's hard to tell. It's subtle. But the waist tapers, less poof in the lower belly, thighs are more narrow, tighter junk in the trunk. Those pants are more loose now.

Liar. Scale. Lying. To. My. Face.

That is all.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Bleh. I am still trying to catch up to life from all the craziness from last week. Yesterday was the first night I got a decent amount of sleep (more then 4 hours) in the last week. Stress has been eating me from the inside, and I had a binge episode on Tuesday, so I am fighting cravings, mostly with diet soda. It's also not the best time of the month for me, so I just want to cry and dive face-first into some corn chips. On a happier note, I am looking forward to a nice long run tonight, which may kill the cravings and make me feel better. After the run, I am hoping to get the mythical 8-9 hours of sleep, and hopefully wake up in a bit more cheerful mood.

On the bright side, I've stayed away from Starbucks.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    also regrouping this week. even good stress can throw me off my game, so once again i'm buckling down, getting serious about keto. and it works. not too much in the loss department but overall the trend is downward at a snails pace.
    feeling overly emotional about some things. just trying to keep it steady eddie. when does it all start to feel good? its been awhile now and still feeling off, like no substance in the changes. like im still on the outside looking in. hopefully soon, it will feel better, look better and be better. hanging in there for this week, guys.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    @baconslave you look great! Thanks for the inspiration.

SW: 153.4
    CW: 130
    GW: 128
    Cals: Just under
    Carbs: 30 net
    Exercise: Doing strength once I get the boys in bed.
    Sleep: Insomnia again last night. :(
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I don't think I've ever seen a photo of you before! You look great! You certainly don't look like someone who is having such a struggle with your health. <3

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. It started with a headache and muscle soreness and I thought it was because I woke up so late I had to skip my shower (muscles) and I only reheated the decaf coffee from the night before (headache). As the day went on, though, I felt worse, more sore, and couldn't focus. I ended up leaving work before lunch and spent the rest of the day in forced relaxation (no internet so I couldn't work on the website I need to build by Monday night). I finished a book I'd only just started (haven't done that in a LONG time) and took a couple naps. Made coconut flour pancakes for dinner. I blame them for eating up the scale loss I reported yesterday, but the more I think about it, I probably felt crappy because I was dehydrated and this is that hydration reappearing.

Preparing myself to go dairy-free for two weeks starting March 1, I am interested to see what happens. If I see a clear acceleration, I'll stay dairy free until I reach goal, then see how much I can back add in to maintain without regaining. If anyone's interested I could do an auxiliary challenge thread. :)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    @glossbones good luck going dairy-free! I did go gluten and dairy free for 6 weeks a year ago and didn't really notice a difference, but I wasn't all that low carb at the time. I tried going dairy free again recently and quit after a day. I am weak. ;) Let us know how it goes though! I hope you're feeling better today.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ok, week 4 check-in:

1. Avoid food waste/too much eating out - check. After the pre-planned weekend packed with work/in-laws, I stayed away from restaurants.
    2. Get 7 hours of sleep a night - I got 7 hours on Wednesday night, and 7 last night, and I am finally feeling like I am catching up.
    3. Drop another 2-3lb before the end of the month - Not going anywhere near the scale for the next two weeks, but at my last weigh-in I lost 6
    4. Send out at least one resume a week - I should have the time/ability to do that over the weekend. Yey for having a free weekend!
  • glossbones
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    @glossbones good luck going dairy-free! I did go gluten and dairy free for 6 weeks a year ago and didn't really notice a difference, but I wasn't all that low carb at the time. I tried going dairy free again recently and quit after a day. I am weak. ;) Let us know how it goes though! I hope you're feeling better today.

Feeling much better, thanks! I have tried this several times but never when I was worried about other people (mom and husband) eating along with me.

I have a menu for the next two weeks all planned out so I'm less likely to stray, and if my husband doesn't like it he can eat something else! No idea if mom is joining me or not, but if she doesn't, I'll just freeze my leftovers for weeks 3 and 4!
  • glossbones
    Options
    Okay I mapped out the first two weeks of March, food-wise, and did all my grocery shopping on the way home from work today. *dusts hands off*

Of course then my husband told me he doesn't consider ice cream and waffles to be a real dinner. :P So we will pick him up chicken nuggets so he can have chicken and waffles a week from tonight. :P
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    FEB 26

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 219.8 (Feb 1)
    CW: 211.2
    GW for February: 215
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 30: yes
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better glossbones and good work planning out two weeks in advance!

FEB 26
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 129.8
    GW: 128
    Calories: Estimated. Event tonight. Think I was about right though.
    Carbs: I am pretty sure they were under 30 net.
    Exercise: Did a 40-min hike with jog intervals today.
    Sleep: Not enough!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    February seems like a blur in time! Where did it go?!?

On Feb 9th I celebrated an all time low of 181.7 pounds!! Since then I've been on the rollercoaster (as is my normal!) scale ride, seeing an increase of as much as seven pounds (makes no sense, but it happens to me!) on one day! This is the reason I don't set weight loss goals! The scale let's me down every time!

I have been participating in the planking challenge, and am building strength I didn't think I could build without pain! I'm seeing benefits from this in many different ways I believe the increased stamina has been the best side effect, besides feeling stronger, so far! I'm hoping to add more planking positions as I can tolerate it!! .

March will include my ketoversary on the 15th!! I will be on vacay in Jamaica during that week! We will be at an all inclusive resort there and I'm hearing options for remaining LCHF shouldn't be a problem! I am hoping for some new "after" (in progress) pictures!!

Congratulations everyone!! I've enjoyed watching you all succeed!! KCKO!!

• baconslave
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    @baconslave I don't think I've ever seen a photo of you before! You look great! You certainly don't look like someone who is having such a struggle with your health. <3

Thanks.
    I'm just too damn stubborn to give up. I've come so far. As long as I can move, even if I am tired, I'm going to tell my inner-whiner to "suck it up, buttercup." I'm NEVER going back to where I was. That wasn't living.

glossbones wrote: »
    Okay I mapped out the first two weeks of March, food-wise, and did all my grocery shopping on the way home from work today. *dusts hands off*

Of course then my husband told me he doesn't consider ice cream and waffles to be a real dinner. :P So we will pick him up chicken nuggets so he can have chicken and waffles a week from tonight. :P

Saw your blog posts. All that stuff looks yummy.
    I've got someone in another forum that tells me I need to try eliminating dairy, as she thinks it could be a possible cause of dry eye. I'm skeptical really. I've eaten dairy my whole life. But I am inching closer to 40...people develop sensitivities randomly all the time. I'm on the fence about doing the challenge. Probably should. But CHEESE! :cry: And creaaaaaaam. *whiny-whine-whine*

I'll think it over.

Karlottap wrote: »
    February seems like a blur in time! Where did it go?!?

On Feb 9th I celebrated an all time low of 181.7 pounds!! Since then I've been on the rollercoaster (as is my normal!) scale ride, seeing an increase of as much as seven pounds (makes no sense, but it happens to me!) on one day! This is the reason I don't set weight loss goals! The scale let's me down every time!

I have been participating in the planking challenge, and am building strength I didn't think I could build without pain! I'm seeing benefits from this in many different ways I believe the increased stamina has been the best side effect, besides feeling stronger, so far! I'm hoping to add more planking positions as I can tolerate it!! .

March will include my ketoversary on the 15th!! I will be on vacay in Jamaica during that week! We will be at an all inclusive resort there and I'm hearing options for remaining LCHF shouldn't be a problem! I am hoping for some new "after" (in progress) pictures!!

Congratulations everyone!! I've enjoyed watching you all succeed!! KCKO!!

You really are doing great. Your scale is a pathological liar, too, I see.
    When the ride stops, I know you'll see a smaller number. We just wish the scale would quit being such a contrary jerk!
    I'm so glad you're seeing improvement on the strength stuff. That's really going to serve you long term. :+1:
    Make sure you tell us about how your trip went so we can live vicariously through you. Or I can. I'm so jealous. :wink:
  • macchiatto
    Options
    @baconslave I felt pretty whiny contemplating giving up dairy, too. ;) It probably would be a good idea for me to try it for a period of time and see what happens ... but yes. Cream! And cheese!! And wahhhh!!!!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Not that I am a cheese addict or anything ...
  • glossbones
    Options
    Hey I am definitely a cheese addict, too. But it would be silly not to try just so I *know* it's not a problem and I can totally go back to eating dangerous amounts of cheese. ;)
  • baconslave
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    @baconslave I felt pretty whiny contemplating giving up dairy, too. ;) It probably would be a good idea for me to try it for a period of time and see what happens ... but yes. Cream! And cheese!! And wahhhh!!!!

I should. I went as far as buying 2 cans of coconut cream today for coffee and to sub for sour cream (maybe?). But I have a small bit of expireable-only-I-will-touch-it items of dairyness that must be eaten before I could embark on an elimination. Perhaps after it's gone I will since I got that stuff.