phase 3 no improvement, or changes!

Options
collingmommy
collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
I am on stage 3 of this program and I have seen very little change and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem!! I eat right where the book tells me to, and seen nothing, so I changed it again and ate 200 below the original number, I have been nouncing back and forth and even tried doing the calorie cycling! nothing is working!! and to make matters worse, I have gained 3 inches on my stomache! someone help me!! for more information , just as. ill give you what I can!

Replies

• runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    First of all, I grew up in Radcliff, KY. Graduated from North Hardin High School in 1999 :drinker:

I took a very quick peek at your diary. You might try tracking sugar. My body started getting really sensitive when it comes to sugar about 4 years ago. It makes a big difference when I back off.

Do you have a lot to lose? If you don't, it will definitely take longer to see results. That's the boat I'm in :grumble:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    collingmommy - what are you basing the "no results" theory on? Remember, there are (at least) 3 places you might see "results":

1. on the scale
    2. by the tape measure
    3. in pictures

So, make sure, at least once-per-month, you are hopping on the scale, taking all of your measurements, and taking photos (front, side, back).

I will say that the calories given in NROL4W were TOO MANY for me - I gained weight (meaning: FAT) on the NROL4W calculator. Once I dialed back the calories, to provide the necessary caloric deficit, the fat started moving off my body.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    beeps: when I say there has been no improvement, I mean physically I have lost no weight and no inches, ive added the crap!! I have gotten stronger, but that is about it. im going to try to do more protein and less carbs if at all I succeed I will have the answer!! right now, im set to 55 carb/ 15 protein/ 40 fats.. I usually always go over, I am hoping to see some change. if I don't by the time my rest week hits, I guess I will go full blown maintence and not exercise to see if that I can jumpstart something.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Definitely change your macros. Mine are set to 40c/30f/30p...I shoot for 145 g of protein a day. I would try that for a few weeks and then see where you are.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    As someone who has found myself gaining weight off and on throughout the past year while lifting, the first bit of advice I can offer is to make sure you are weighing EVERY bite. Don't eyeball or guess on anything. If you take a tiny bite of ice cream, log it. If you eat 2 m&ms, log it. It all adds up and will give you your real numbers.

If you're already doing this, and you've been eating at that deficit for 2-3 weeks at least (EVERY day without going over at all) then you're not eating at a deficit for your body. Lower cals another 100 and eat that for 2-3 weeks. Sometimes you need to play with your numbers to find your sweet spot. If you don't have much to lose, you probably want to keep that deficit very small and you won't notice drastic changes in a short time.

Also, changing your macros will probably help too. Good luck!