Should I just quit losing weight? (Picture)

I don't hate my body like I use to wjich is a good thing. I'm not 100% happy with it either. Some people say that I don't need to lose anymore weight and I look great. I love that compliment, but I'm not done. My goal weight is 160. I'm afraid if ai get there, people are gonna tell me "You're too skinny" "eat" or "Gain the weight back."
I'm currently 191 pounds. I'm 5'8" barefoot. I'm halfway there of my goal weight. I can't stop now! I just wanna be healthy, not skinny. Should I just stop so people would stop telling me that I don't need
to lose anymore or gain some weight back?
I was in the 230s as a teen and 220 two years ago.

http://m1323.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/TheatreLover23/2013-06-06_15-27-49_338-1_zpsfd8df888.jpg.html?o=5&newest=1

I just wanna tone up too. Like I said, I don't wanna be skinny, I wanna be healthy.

Replies

• LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    I think 160 will be great for your height and such. You will feel great, you won't be stick thin ( I am 5"10 and a bout 165, wear a size 10 to 12 depending on the maker) and I would say I still got some chunk left :) So I think you will fine, and fabulous!!!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    I think you should do what's best for you...
    You live in that body. While the comments you are receiving are well-meaning, I'm sure, ultimately you shouldn't let other people's opinion decide what's best for you. Outside of a medical professional, take all other opinions in stride. Might I suggest having your body fat % tested and looking at it from that approach, rather than just what the scale says?

If one were to go by standards though, 190 is still outside of a healthy range for your height. Your goal of 160 fits these standard "recommendations" a little better.

Congratulations on your success thus far. Way to take control of your health!
  • Thank you so much. I will not let people stop me.
  • Thank you so much!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    I think you should do what's best for you...
    You live in that body. While the comments you are receiving are well-meaning, I'm sure, ultimately you shouldn't let other people's opinion decide what's best for you. Outside of a medical professional, take all other opinions in stride. Might I suggest having your body fat % tested and looking at it from that approach, rather than just what the scale says?

If one were to go by standards though, 190 is still outside of a healthy range for your height. Your goal of 160 fits these standard "recommendations" a little better.

Congratulations on your success thus far. Way to take control of your health!

^^this.

Every one is going to have an opinion about your body no matter what size you are. Get to where YOU feel the best and you'll realize their comments don't matter.
  • I know exactly how you feel! Everyone tells me I look great now, but I dont FEEL great, ya know? So yes continue on to your goal! I sure as hell am!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    I think it's difficult to tell from those photos. I'm 5ft 7 and weigh 149 but want to get to 140. All my fat is on my torso though and I want to shift that. As people have said- as long as you're healthy, the only opinion that matters, is YOURS.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you want to lose more wieght, but you think you should put weight back on to stop people telling you to stop losing weight...

really?

stop worrying so much about what other people think, and, as long as its healthy, do what YOU want for YOUR body.
  • Maybe the reason you are worried that people will tell you you are too skinny, is because on a subconscious level, you are finding it difficult to believe that you deserve to be 160lbs.
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    You need to do what is best for you! Don't worry about what other people say or what YOU think THEY are thinking. Haters are gonna hate. Just be active and healthy, and maybe you'll inspire others around you too! If you want to get to 160, DO IT! You got this girl.
  • Yeah you're right. What the hell was I thinking saying that? I'm gonna keep doing it!
  • Thank you everyone! I need knock it off with the negative comments and keep on going! :-)
  • You need to do what is best for you! Don't worry about what other people say or what YOU think THEY are thinking. Haters are gonna hate. Just be active and healthy, and maybe you'll inspire others around you too! If you want to get to 160, DO IT! You got this girl.
    Yes I will do it!!!
  • I know exactly how you feel! Everyone tells me I look great now, but I dont FEEL great, ya know? So yes continue on to your goal! I sure as hell am!
    I know that's right!
  • SandraMartin3008
    SandraMartin3008 Posts: 22 Member
    Yes! wouldn't you rather exercise an hour more a day rather than stay fat 24 hours a day? Happy for you! good going!
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    I think it depends on what you want not other people,if your happy as you are now then yes definately stop !But if u wanna lose a bit for ur own sake then fine.I have the same prob with people saying to me u dont need to lose weight...