Warning TMI bathroom issues

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
So I was staying regular daily but the past two days I have not gone. The only thing I can think of that is new is the coffee and I started my monthly cycle. Any ideas or suggestions?I feel like I need to go but then nothing happens.

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Usually when that happens to me it is because I have had too much cheese. You could also try a magnesium supplement if you aren't already taking one.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I think I need to get one. What mg? I'm having no cheese today....
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I take 400mg. When you first start taking it, it may make you have the opposite problem. After a day or two everything was normal again though.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Is this issue completely new for you, or is it something that was already a problem?
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Completely new. I use to go twice a day. When I started this WOE I was going at least once. Nothing in the past two days.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Even though you feel like you need to go, if you aren't uncomfortable, straining, in pain, etc., you may not really need to go yet. A lot of people find that there frequency cuts WAY down - and it can really freak one out at first. I find that even if I feel like I need to go, if it's not pressingly urgent, I wait if I can - it becomes more firm and such if I give my body as much time as possible to remove extra fluids from my solid waste since my system is really inefficient in that with having no gallbladder complicating all the processing.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    Your issue is likely very different than mine. Mine wasn't caused by low carb. I suspect it was triggered by taking a proton pump inhibitor years ago, because that's when I had a dramatic change. Be that as it may, low carb makes it much worse. I've been having good results from taking a Bifidobacterium infantis probiotic, and eating small amounts of raw soaked oatmeal on the theory that resistant starch is a prebiotic for certain beneficial gut microbes. I already knew that raw oatmeal has that effect on me. I'm still managing to stay low carb, and feeling a lot more comfortable.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I always have constipation at the beginning of my period. It could be the diet, but it could be the normal hormonal variances. It's very common. I think everyone offered great advice, I just wanted to offer a possible reason.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I just listened to episode 10 of Keto talk and they discussed this about halfway through the podcast.
    They say to first just know that changes will take place as your body adjusts to a new diet. And to consider if you are eating too much protein or too little fat.
    It was a great podcast. Lots of detailed info put forth very plain and simple.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    So I got magnesium at Walmart. Its 250mg per tablet. I took one. Here's hoping it works. I'm on day 3 of not going and I'm miserable. And I gained 0.4 this morning
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    So I got magnesium at Walmart. Its 250mg per tablet. I took one. Here's hoping it works. I'm on day 3 of not going and I'm miserable. And I gained 0.4 this morning

One "might" not be enough, I usually take 2 sometimes 3. One may work for you, but if not don't be scared to up it.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    You're going to be a bit heavier when you haven't gone. Don't freak out.

• emilybeaver
    Options
    I'll wait and see what this does. If nothing by tomorrow morning I'll take two with breakfast. I'm hoping I'll lose a lb with not going for this long!
    And that pill tasted awful!
  • Christine_72
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I take mine at night before bed on an empty stomach. Taking them during the day has no effect for me. I may be odd in that respect though :lol:

I feel your pain, I would be climbing the walls after 3 days of no movement :cold_sweat:
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I'm about ready too!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I take 400mg of magnesium citrate two times a day. I don't believe the 250mg is going to be enough. Plus, can you see which type you got (mag oxide, citrate....)? If it's oxide, it may not work at all. The oxide doesn't seem to work as well as the ones that end with "ate".

When I am strictly carnivore I "go" about two times a week, but Lawd if I eat veggies it's super frequent!! My body doesn't like vegetables.

Hope you find relief!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I just got magnesium....there is not a word behind it.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I just got magnesium....there is not a word behind it.

It should say what forms of magnesium is in it on the back label
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Magnesium oxide, calcium carbonate are the two ingredients on the back
  • Christine_72
    Options
    LOL to confuse you even more, and the opposite of what Karlotta said, Oxide Is my my go to for toileting probs. None of the other ones work as well for me.