What do you consider a cheat meal?

Options
Jazzyt31
Jazzyt31 Posts: 3 Member
Hey all! trying to get into the right mindset with this weight loss journey I am on..what would you all consider a "Cheat meal"? I'm going to breakfast with a friend tomorrow I have scoped out the menu and there are options..however for instance my diet plan calls for Ezeikial bread as a carb option I will chose an English muffin unbuttered with poached eggs...I could get fruit with it or half an order of homefries..because some of these food are not allowed in my meal plan is that a cheat? Ill be staying well within my calorie allotment...or am I just being to obsessive about food? I consider a "cheat" pasta or fast food or something....any opinions or thoughts are much appreciated :) and hey....hope you are having a fantastic day!

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I would have a cheat meal where I would eat, within a reasonable amount, whatever I wanted. Steak, potato AND the bread? It was happening. A takeout portion of lasagna? On the plate. Now days I usually try and just stay under my calories, and if I happen to have a day where I go over, I don't sweat it. It's all on your mindset and works best for you.

As far as what you're saying though, is that you have a restricted food plan (a diet by the original definition is - the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.). Which to me is the horrible thing, because it usually means I'm not going to eat foods I want to eat which will eventually cause me to binge eat the things I can't have and want. Losing weight doesn't mean you have to give up ANY food, it means being better about your portion sizes and watching what calories you intake. For most of us it's about how many calories we put in our face vs how many calories we naturally (or by exercise) expend during the day (Calories In Calories Out - CICO).
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Afura, there is no cheat day you just plan ahead. It sounds like you have the right mind set for that making sure you aren't going over your calories and that is the goal here. I don't have any food restrictions nor would I give myself any but I don't know your circumstance and I have no idea what Ezeikial bread is so you may have restrictions that you have to stick to but none the less it is calories in versus calories out.

Aim for your macros, keep you calories in check, and enjoy your breakfast :)